free website stats program Wrist Problems | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wrist Problems

Progress report.
Here are some pictures of the wrist after surgery.20190114_183730.jpg
Than a week later.

The carpel tunnel went good the second part of the surgery was for a ganglion cyst. A torn sheath the tendon is inside of.
This is proving to be more challenging.
Doc said he had to go down to the bone to repair it.
Simple things like grabbing a empty plastic grocery bag can be very painful.
More in the movement of the thumb than actually gripping the bag.
During the day I get shooting pain from tips of the fingers up thru the wrist.
A lot like the nerve conductive test only in reverse.
Doc thinks the nerves are responding to the trauma of the surgery and it should get better.

Yup, looks like the external trauma has healed well, hope the rest follows in kind. Best of luck!

Update
15674697666194582734521381195268.jpg
After 8 months of healing from surgery on the left hand I had the right wrist repaired for carpel tunnel.
Everything went good. I am still on the sunny side of the dirt.
Been doing next to nothing on this labor day weekend and for me it has been a challenge. I should have waited until the end of September because I have my garage to finish mudding so I can texture and paint.
Yesterday I was going to kick a tennis ball for my dog to chase.
As I walked through the swinging of my foot to do a place kick, my toe came into contact with the grass.
Next thing I know I'm trying to do a little trot to get my feet to catch up to my body. Didn't work and down I went face first towards the grass.
My natural reaction is to get both hands in front to keep me from nose diving into the ground. O by the way this is in the front yard.
Allot of things go thru the mind when something happens like this.
Are the neighbors watching, is a car driving by, is the driver laughing so hard he has to stop to wipe the tears out of his eyes? I just had surgery on my wrist and I can't land on it.
So I put both hands in front to cushion my fall and try to do a drop and roll.
Next thing I know I'm looking at the cloud's and spring back up on my feet to look around.
No cars went by. No neighbors glaring out their windows.
I went inside to take the bandage off, no torn stitches.

Glad to hear you had a 'safe' landing. ;) Take care!

I can relate to the healing...July 1st, I tore a tendon in the top of my foot. Long story short, I was stupid on the mower for a few seconds and am very happy to have gotten out of that predicament with all my digits. ;) I have accepted that I will most likely not get to ride the bike this year. Due to a rainy spring, I finally got the bike out for a quick little 15 mile trip around town towards the latter half of June. July 1st, I tore my tendon. :( I have still been plenty busy, so I think it has been just as well, I haven't had much time to dwell on not being able to ride, and therefore, not tempted to push things. ;)

Back