free website stats program Worsening Vibration | Harley Davidson Forums

Worsening Vibration

My 883 has developed a vibration that gets worse with increased RPMs. My first thought was that is was the Valve Train, but now I am not sure. Does anyone have any ideas as to where to start looking? Cheers

All engine mounts and exhaust mounts and bolts are tight. I checked my primary tension and it is all per the manual. I noticed that I have a loud knock in the front cylinder rocker box. I am now wondering if I might not be getting oil to the rockers. Any ideas on why one cylinder would have this possible issue and not both? Cheers!

You can remove the rocker covers and start the bike.Won't hurt anything unless you stick your fingers in there however it will end up messy if oil's getting up there.SOunds like a possible broken valve spring.How many miles?Stock valvetrain?

Thanks for all of the ideas. I double checked to ensure that there was oil getting to the top end. Once I got in to the rocker box on the front cylinder, I noticed that one of the bolts was loose. The intake push rod could be rotated with my finger tip. I went through the full progression of torquing the all the bolts down and eliminated the problem. Thank goodness for low cost repairs! Thanks again!! Cheers and safe travels!!

Back