free website stats program Wiring horn to alarm system | Harley Davidson Forums

Wiring horn to alarm system

ProF

I recently replaced the stock horn with an air horn + relay. The relay sits pretty close to where the alarm siren would be (if I had one), and I'm wondering about connecting the siren wiring to the horn relay so the horn would sound when the alarm trips, like in a car. Since Harley doesn't do that with the stock horn, I'm thinking that there may be some reason not to do it, other than the obvious extra battery draw and the lack of a relay. Is there some additional problem with the alarm system? Could I just tap the hot connection of the siren plug and hook it to the horn relay?

If you add a relay, you could probably do it but I think the higher draw in the circuit to just hook it to the horn would cause a problem.

If you add a relay, you could probably do it but I think the higher draw in the circuit to just hook it to the horn would cause a problem.

I would definitely hook it to the relay, but was wondering if even the relay coil would draw more than the siren, and if that would cause a problem. It's not worth burning out the security circuits.

On the other hand, the volume of the air horn would certainly draw unwanted attention.

Back