free website stats program Winter upgrades | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter upgrades

awall

I talked to a dealer last week about putting pipes on my bike this winter. I really don't know what I want but he suggested SE slipons with SE intake and SE race tunner. He gave me a price for around $1000.00. He then said that he will be doing some specials this winter to keep his guys busy and said that he can do better on the price latter on. It sounds quite reasonable to me, what do you guys think? Is this a good idea or is there better options out there?

I've used plenty of SE parts and never been disappointed with any of them yet.

The dealers will push the SERT or SEST (newer version) because they are a money maker for them. A TFI can add some fuel at a lot lower cost and still make the bike run better. Maybe not as good as the SERT but these are Harleys, not a Maserati.

Last edited:
I would do the TFI myself since you can tune it easier if you do more upgrades or changes.. most dealers offer free winter storage if you speed 500+

Thanks for the replies. I've heard that before that the SE pipes dissapoint a lot of people. Ive been thinking of going with the true duals with a pipe on each side. I really like the look but havn't heard them on a Heritage. Does anyone have experience with that set up?

A lot of dealers here in Florida are pushing Rush Exhaust saying most people are not happy with S E

The older SE slipons were great sounding mufflers but the newer ones because of EPA are barely louder than stock mufflers. Gives the aftermarket manufacturers a chance to catch up.

Back