free website stats program Winter plans for my Deuce | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter plans for my Deuce

NYSDEUCERIDER

Enjoying my first year on the 2007 Deuce but looking forward to next winter's changes. I've pencilled in the following ideas:

1) exhaust change - probably 2" baffled 'Rush' downslash
2) big sucker air filter - using my present 'Scarab' cover
3) ThunderMax with Autotune - to allow future changes without taking it back to a shop each time.
4) some different handlebars - perhaps a Tee bar design that will bring the grips to me a little, allowing a slight bend in the elbows (more flexible) and a more upright position (to ease bump jolt from impacting a less than perfect back)

Looking for advice/warnings/feedback on these ideas! Not REALLY :s concerned about power increases, just a little more 'authorative tone' :D on the exhaust, a better look, and a happier engine, getting enough fuel to run more efficiently and cooler.

As a side note - does anyone else find the HI-BEAM indicator distracting in it's brightness? I am going to find a way to tone it down a little.

Does anyone know of any Deuce-specific sites or other info? I really enjoy the bike, I am sure others do as well. Not really too excited with hard-core mods... love to look at them, just not MY deal.

Better choice would be the 1 3/4" baffles over the 2". Being the pipe is 1 3/4" you wouldn't have much of the needed back pressure to run properly.

Thanks for the insight Glider! We can rest assured you're watching over us all, much like a shepard watching his flock! *LOL* :small3d012:

As I am sure you have figured out, all the bike mods are new to me. (ridden bone-stock metrics for over 35 years, now I have a REAL :D bike!)Has anyone explored the prospects/feasibility of blocking the balance tube between the headpipes, using both mufflers more fully? What would that create? I know they serve a useful purpose for noise control, but do they help with power increases like in the musclecars and rods I am much more versed in? First one I remember was a owner installed 'H' on a 71 GTO back in 1971... then eventually most of the hi-po cars used them.

Thanks again for being there, especially for us newbies! Have a good day!

I'm watching all the time!!! :bigsmiley20:

The balance tube is basically an EPA thing but it does aid in the exhaust flow by using both mufflers for each individual exhaust pulse. That means less back pressure than running individual pipes. They do work so I would leave it in place IMO.

I'm watching all the time!!! :bigsmiley20:

The balance tube is basically an EPA thing but it does aid in the exhaust flow by using both mufflers for each individual exhaust pulse. That means less back pressure than running individual pipes. They do work so I would leave it in place IMO.

Well, Glider, if your opinion is that, then the tube shall stay! Also think I might have found a little thing to help with my handlebars. I found a chart that lists rise, pullback, etc. on stock H-D bars. Now I can look around a 'little' more knowledgebly, MAYBE even picking up a set of used (cheap :D ) bars that put my grips closer to where I want them. The hunt is sometimes so much fun! Too easy to pick up a catalog!

Back