free website stats program Windshield cleaning | Harley Davidson Forums

Windshield cleaning

kemo

R.I.P
A little tip here for your cleaning your wind shield. I carry a small bottle of lens cleaner for my glasses and a micro fiber cloth. At a gas stop instead of using their dirty w/s wash I spray my lens cleaner and wipe clean with my cloth. Can also be used for face shield and even cleaning your glasses.

Imagine that....lens cleaner that you can use to clean your lenses!!!:bigsmiley20:

(I crack myself up!!)

I would recommend not using the squeegie/scrubber from the gas station. It is rough enough to scratch through the coating on your windsheild. I was reminded frequently after I learned this.

:wall

I would definitely not use the squeegie from the gas station on my bike windshield. I see people cleaning their cars with those things and I see nothing but bad things happening to my windshield using them.

I would definitely not use the squeegee from the gas station on my bike windshield. I see people cleaning their cars with those things and I see nothing but bad things happening to my windshield using them.

What about pledge? Good on the windshield or not?

Yeah, and there is a guy on TV using it to wash up with too!

Pledge? Absolutely!

I also like the foamy glass cleaner from GUNK (GC3-no ammonia!). Sticks where you spray it (although I spray it on the paper towels and then clean the glass with it).

TQ

I would definitely not use the squeegie from the gas station on my bike windshield. I see people cleaning their cars with those things and I see nothing but bad things happening to my windshield using them.

I used to use the squeegee to clean the taillights on my plow truck. Always kept paper towels and Spray Away cleaner for MY windshield.

Clearview windshields recommends pledge on their web site.

I use Capt. Richards BEST "It's the Bomb"
GOOOOD stuff. I use it on my veralux lense glasses and just about every other part of my bike.. It doesn't let the bugguts stick and is fast and easy to use. It is a bit pricey but I've had a quart for about two seasons and I do my bike at least twice a week.

Novus cleaners are good as well they are designed for the acrylic shields they have a cleaner and a scratch remover too.:newsmile107:

I used to use the squeegee to clean the taillights on my plow truck. Always kept paper towels and Spray Away cleaner for MY windshield.

Clearview windshields recommends pledge on their web site.

Be careful with the paper towels, they sometimes can have some abrasive material in them and sometimes cause micro scratches. Over a long period can become quite noticeable. Paper is just ground up wood. One of those micro fiber towels are the best.

Last edited:
Back