free website stats program windshield cleaner | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

windshield cleaner

Hello All,

I use a product called Mirror Glaze. The product is used on general aviation, non pressurized, airplanes. The wind screens are basically the same material. A couple of riding buddies, who use to fly crop dusters, gave me the heads up. I like it. Just another option. I get my supply from a online company called Aircraft Spruce.

I was told ammonia on our plastic windshields will cloud it eventually, any truth to this? Novus lexan cleaner works great on bugs, maybe even better than Pledge. :s

I've been using Pledge for a couple of years now, on the paint and chrome as well as on the windshield.

IMG_0009-2.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

I was told ammonia on our plastic windshields will cloud it eventually, any truth to this? Novus lexan cleaner works great on bugs, maybe even better than Pledge. :s

Ammonia will eventually cloud the windshield. For bad bugs (lovebugs), you can use a dryer sheet like bounce, just rinse it very well. Outside of that I would stick to using Pledge on a microfiber cloth.

After reading all the post about pledge I started using it and it works really well. Thanks for the info but if you gonna use that lemon then watch out for them bee hives:laugh really good stuff

I use Pledge....I'll treat a new windshield before I put it on. Limits the small scratches and helps fill in the ones you get (small ones, not ones you can feel) I use a soft papertowl or microfleece. I have the best luck spraying it on, spreading it out, and letting it sit a minute, then buffing it out. BTW, I use only pledge and a microfleece on my glasses, and they look new after over three years...scratch free, for real.

Back