free website stats program Wind deflectors | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wind deflectors

Do you think the use of the deflectors may block the ventilation to engine and cause the engine/oil temperature to rise? I live in hot weather most of the year and i did notice an increase in the engine temperature after instaling the deflector and removing the screaming eagle II Slip-On Mufflers and changing for the stock mufflers, whith less air flow off the exhaust. So, i don't know if the change in temperature is due to the mufflers or due to the deflectors blocking air flow to the engine. I am reading oil temperatures around 260º F.

Speaking of wind deflectors......This 09 SG is my first ever bike with a windshield.

I'm getting ready for a 3 day trip. Any suggestions on how to clean the windshield without scratching it while on the road?

At home I just soak a bath towel with very warm water and place it there till the bugs loosen up, then lightly rub them away followed by drying with bounty towels. Bounty by the way is the only paper towel that I know of that will not scratch paint or plastic.
Mark in Pa

Pledge works, or you can use the Novus #1 with a clean soft terry towel

Back