free website stats program wind buffeting cured | Harley Davidson Forums

wind buffeting cured

txtec

i had bad buffeting with my hd compact windsheild .i figured out it was coming from my leg position with forward controls .i put my mids back on an problem solved. anybody want a new complete forward kit h.d #49080-06 PM me. 150.00 dollars plus shipping.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
i had bad buffeting with my hd compact windsheild .i figured out it was coming from my leg position with forward controls .i put my mids back on an problem solved. anybody want a new complete forward kit h.d #49080-06 PM me. 150.00 dollars plus shipping.:D

The addition of plexiglass fork deflectors may also solve this problem.

Last edited:
I had the same problem, but using mid controls. I lowered my compact windshield and it helped big time. I've never heard of the deflectors BigFoot spoke about. I think my problem was the extra wind coming up from under the bottom of the windshield.. Now my head doesnt get bounced around while riding. Wish I could use forward controls, but my legs aren't long enough to reach them. Here's something you might want to consider for comfort. I bought some Kuryaykan Dually Pegs with the heel ( stirrup) rest....and man do they make a difference on your feet. Almost like having floor boards but with Mid Controls. Makes a huge difference reducing leg fatigue and right heel melting from resting it on the exhaust pipe.

100_1889.jpg

I had the same problem, but using mid controls. I lowered my compact windshield and it helped big time. I've never heard of the deflectors BigFoot spoke about. I think my problem was the extra wind coming up from under the bottom of the windshield.. Now my head doesnt get bounced around while riding. Wish I could use forward controls, but my legs aren't long enough to reach them. Here's something you might want to consider for comfort. I bought some Kuryaykan Dually Pegs with the heel ( stirrup) rest....and man do they make a difference on your feet. Almost like having floor boards but with Mid Controls. Makes a huge difference reducing leg fatigue and right heel melting from resting it on the exhaust pipe.

100_1889.jpg

Great looking bike. I have an 09 Low Rider and wanting to add a windshield and the foot pegs like you have. I was wondering if you have the part numbers for both. Once again...sweet looking bike.
JP

Hey, JP........
Thanks for the compliment. I do love my green. You can pick it out in a crowd right away. Granted, it's not a color for everyone though. You either love it or hate it. Wait til I post new photos in the Spring. I'm getting just over 5K worth of upgrades done over the winter, including but not limited to, a Chrome inner primary, chrome swingarm, chrome sprocket, Vance & Hines Double Barrel Exhaust, PCIII K&N A/C, Detatchable sissy bar & backrest, chrome 5 bar luggage rack, big 5 3/4 bullett headlight,........and the list goes on. My Dealer's in 7th heaven.

Getting back to your question.....
The Windshield is Harley's Quick Detatchable Compact, Standard heigth....... part number 58346-06. Retail cost was $349.99

My Foot pegs are from Kuryakan, and they list it as their " ISO-Stirrups with Dually Pegs, Male Mount (pr)" and retail for $129.95 and they list it as part number "8062" on their site. You see many for sale without the stirrups, but believe me, that heel rest makes all the difference on long rides. It Just gives you a really solid feeling. The pegs and stirrups are completely adjustable if you like riding with your foot & heel slanted more "down"....... I'll never ride another bike without a set of these pegs on them. It's the BEST money I ever spent on this bike, other than lowering it with the 11" progressive shocks and front fork lowering kit.

If you go with the stirrups, and tilt them down a good bit, just be aware that they COULD SCRAPE the pavement if you get really aggressive and lean the bike over into the curves or turns.

Post some photos of that L.R. when you get her all set up!!! I dont know why I dont see more LR's on the road. It's a great bike and I'd never trade in mine........unless it would be for another one. Fast & nimble in town or great to cruise those long trips on.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with Harley's widshield, the wind was blocked but my head felt like it was being bounced around like a pinball. I discovered that because of my shortness instead of the wind going up and over or around me it was hitting me. My fix was a bigger windshield, purchased a Switchblade windshield through Bikers Choice (my daughter works there so I got it at below cost) switched out the hardware to the Harley hardware, works great no wind bounce and the best of all it is a larger winshield than what Harley has. It seem to me as all harley windsheild run small for some reason.

When my wife complained about wind when riding her Hugger, I installed the HD Sport shield still a problem, bought a shield at a swap meet without knowing just what it was, the mounting brackets were quik detach and i figured I could use them in the future BUT just for laughs I mounted the shield it was huge and butt ugly ----the bride loved it------turned out to be a Dyna Touring shield ---- a (edit) of a product

I do not see this shield for the newer bikes ---- yet the mounting holes are the same for old and new so an older shield with the newer fork mounts may work

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Dealer and got the compact windshield for the 09 Low Rider.
Drove it home (San Angelo) from Abilene. Hated it. Wife was on the back and she hated it too. It really changed the control of the bike and the wife was holding on for dear life on the back. Took it back....traded it in for a SE Stage I breather and got some change back. I don't need no stinking windshield..hehe

Back