free website stats program Wifes very sore butt, need new seat | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wifes very sore butt, need new seat

I had the same problem. girlfriend had saddle butt after 100+ miles.

Bought a corbin seat and problem solved. We did go to the factory and had it customized for FREE. (Pay for the seat and they shape it to fit your butts!)

She also uses a gel pad for very long trips and we just got back from San Francisco-Vegas no problems except for the heat.

I also agree that the 440 Progressives on the back are the way to go especially for passnger comfort. No more rough landings when hitting hard bumps and much more stable in the high speed turns.

thanks for that i will check it out
Peter

I have had good experience with the "Genuine Sheepskin Cover" by American Motorcycle Specialties. It has rubber coated metal hooks w/ Velcro backed nylon webbing straps that grip under the seat and lip. The Memory Foam w/ 3/4" Gel pad works great, the sizes are 11"L x 7"W one for the pillion #18000 and 12"W x 12"L for the pilot #18005 on my Sporty Drag Specialties seat respectively. My portion of the seat was comfortable already, I use it for extra comfort and to protect my leather seat. The website is Motorcycle Gel Seat Pads, Covers, Seatcovers & Tie-Downs or call 1-800-710-7237...cost is about $75-$95.

I have had good experience with the "Genuine Sheepskin Cover" by American Motorcycle Specialties. It has rubber coated metal hooks w/ Velcro backed nylon webbing straps that grip under the seat and lip. The Memory Foam w/ 3/4" Gel pad works great, the sizes are 11"L x 7"W one for the pillion #18000 and 12"W x 12"L for the pilot #18005 on my Sporty Drag Specialties seat respectively. My portion of the seat was comfortable already, I use it for extra comfort and to protect my leather seat. The website is Motorcycle Gel Seat Pads, Covers, Seatcovers & Tie-Downs or call 1-800-710-7237...cost is about $75-$95.

I'm looking for some type of pad for the wife. Bought a Sundowner seat, which helped, but a full day of riding is still uncomfortable for the wife. I'm curious as to how the pad does in hot wx. Seems like you might sweat a lot more with the pad on?

Put 1,000 miles on a '06 Lowrider with the Sundowner. My wife was on the back for 300 of them. No complaints from either of us.

I had a similar situation which was resolved with the HD "Tallboy" seat. Much more comfortable for the passenger. It feels to me very similar to the Mustang seat I had on a previous bike for about half the price. All Harley seats aren't uncomfortable and overpriced!

Threesteps I'm looking for some type of pad for the wife. Bought a Sundowner seat, which helped, but a full day of riding is still uncomfortable for the wife. I'm curious as to how the pad does in hot wx. Seems like you might sweat a lot more with the pad on?
Sheepskin cover with Gel pad is very comfortable and is not "hot" and does not get your tender rump in a twist after long rides...:s

Last edited:
Threesteps I'm looking for some type of pad for the wife. Bought a Sundowner seat, which helped, but a full day of riding is still uncomfortable for the wife. I'm curious as to how the pad does in hot wx. Seems like you might sweat a lot more with the pad on?
Sheepskin cover with Gel pad is very comfortable and is not "hot" and does not get your tender rump in a twist after long rides...:s

Thanks for the info. Looks like another purchase for "she who must be obeyed".:D

I secnd the Mustang seat - I have had to purchase one for both my bikes - cause wife loves them and SWEARS by them. We did 450 miles today and she was as happy as a clam!

Well happy to say finally got a new seat last weekend the sun downer oh brother what a difference.So i can now recommend a seat and the sun downer wins they had a huge sale going on at my stealer you could try who ever brand you wanted to the sun downer won it for me I'm not flat foot anymore but that's OK.

My wife seems very happy with the Sundowner Seat. I too am very happy with the rider comfort. 300 miler day is a no problems for both of us. I did add passenger foot boards so she can move around a little that way. I know there are other choices but if you go MoCo go Chicago HD or Zanotti HD!!!

Gary

Attachments

• Cropped.jpg
    Cropped.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 18
Back