free website stats program Widest Possible Front/Rear Tire On A Stock Sportster? | Harley Davidson Forums

Widest Possible Front/Rear Tire On A Stock Sportster?

Bedrock

I'm shopping for a Sportster & am going through all the specs of what I like/don't like/will want to change. I'm leaning towards a new/newer Custom (or FortyEight) because I really like the look of the symmetrical tires & the wider/smaller/beefier tires. Because I'm so infatuated w/ the tires, if I buy a stock Custom it has to be 2011 or newer (when they changed the front tire width). I also like some other/older Sportsters again except for the tires.

My question is: what is the widest tire I can safely fit on a stock Sportster? I saw some posts about wide tire kits for Dynas but nothing for Sportsters. I (think I) could save more than a few bucks on an older Sportster if I can buy/fit the tires I want separately but don't want to get in over my head. Also, I'm not the most mechanically gifted & am new to motorcycles so I can't get myself into a crazy hard mod project.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be warmly welcomed.

I'm shopping for a Sportster & am going through all the specs of what I like/don't like/will want to change. I'm leaning towards a new/newer Custom (or FortyEight) because I really like the look of the symmetrical tires & the wider/smaller/beefier tires. Because I'm so infatuated w/ the tires, if I buy a stock Custom it has to be 2011 or newer (when they changed the front tire width). I also like some other/older Sportsters again except for the tires.

My question is: what is the widest tire I can safely fit on a stock Sportster? I saw some posts about wide tire kits for Dynas but nothing for Sportsters. I (think I) could save more than a few bucks on an older Sportster if I can buy/fit the tires I want separately but don't want to get in over my head. Also, I'm not the most mechanically gifted & am new to motorcycles so I can't get myself into a crazy hard mod project.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be warmly welcomed.
Harley Davidson Community Is this any help?

Back