free website stats program Wide Glide Front end | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wide Glide Front end

What year was it they changed over glider.

Found my answer it appears it was 2007 when they brought the WG back for 2 yrs.

So will a fork brace for a wide glide fit a fxstc

If you're just talking about a fork brace it (and not trees) it appears only if the WG is pre 2007. Additionally it appears the FXSTC still has 41mm tubes even in the later models. See sales add below

Fork Brace - Fits 41mm Wide Glide Front Ends found on ’80-’85 FXWG, ’93-’05 FXDWG, & ’85-’10 FXST Models (except Springer, Deuce, Rocker/C) (ea)

offered here:

Fork Brace for Wide Glide® Front Ends from Küryakyn Accessories for Harley-Davidson

What year was it they changed over glider.

I think 2006 was the 1st yr. 49mm tubes. And it was 39 mm tubes up to (I think) '99.
It used to be simple, Dyna's (except Wideglides) and Sportsters were narrow glides, everything else was wide glide, even though there were FX and FL models. Now there's mid glides, narrow glides and wide glides as well as different fork tube diameters between some models.

......... .......It used to be simple, Dyna's (except Wideglides) and Sportsters were narrow glides .. .. .. .. . .. .. . Now there's mid glides, narrow glides and wide glides as well as different fork tube diameters between some models.

Yea ain't that the truth. A lot of guys are puttin the newer 07 WG tubes in their Street Bobs to give it a 2" lift (especially for us heavier guys that ride 2up).

I like that idea too, but I'm also saving for one day switchun the whole front end to a Fat Bob one (wheel tire and all) . I like the rear on the Street Bob but love the front part of the FBob.

So will a fork brace for a wide glide fit a fxstc

It will if they specify they're for 41mm front ends which is what your year and model have on them.

I believe the change to 49mm occurred in 2010+ models. I have specs for most models on my home pc, but i'm currently traveling.

Back