free website stats program wide glide battery cover | Harley Davidson Forums

wide glide battery cover

boots

i recently bought a 1998 dyna wide glide. I am trying to take the battery out so that i can store it for the winter. I do not know how get the cover off of the battery to get it out. And when i do get it out should i keep it on a battery tender all of the time every day or only some of the time. Can anyone help me? im new to the motrocycle world.

Remove the seat and you'll see a nut directly inside the frame rail behind the battery. That will lower the battery tray down once you loosen the two bolts to the rear of the battery that keep/lock it in place. Only loosen the two, no need to remove them completely. I would charge the battery every week or two. No need to leave it on constantly.

Disconnect the negative cable first and reconnect it last when reinstalling the battery to prevent any sparks from the wrench if it grounds out.

Remove the seat and you'll see a nut directly inside the frame rail behind the battery. That will lower the battery tray down once you loosen the two bolts to the rear of the battery that keep/lock it in place. Only loosen the two, no need to remove them completely. I would charge the battery every week or two. No need to leave it on constantly.

Disconnect the negative cable first and reconnect it last when reinstalling the battery to prevent any sparks from the wrench if it grounds out.

Thanks alot, that did it.

Back