free website stats program Why do you ride? | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do you ride?

Beats walking, and relieves all the stress that one puts himself through. Na! I think its just for the ride, we all know that, there nothing better or even comes close to "the ride"

Take care and ride safe eh!!:D

There is no pin point explanation on why I ride, I just love to ride. Wether it be that relaxing ride where its 50 in a 55 and just cruising down the open highway with nothing but gods thoughts whispering in my ear, or the comradery of riding with fellow bikers.

I guess you can say it is in my blood. I have always been on motorcycle my whole life. This is a picture of me on my ole mans bike when I was just a little boy.

Attachments

• Picture 057.jpg
    Picture 057.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 15
I ride for all the right reasons, whatever they may be. I guess you could say because " I LOVE IT".:bigsmiley11::p:D:D

At first glance it may seem like a dumb question but after taking a 3 day trip recently with a neighbor who owns and rides a Harley it became obvious we ride for different reasons.

Safety
When I was younger coming home safe and consistently finding ways to avoid getting run over seemed like a necessary evil and an impediment to the riding experience but more recently I’ve have come to enjoy applying the skills I’ve acquired in 40+ years and coming home safe.

Maintenance
I didn’t always enjoy working on my bike. I didn’t have a garage, the right tools, manuals or temperament for it. I’ve come to the place where I actually enjoy planning and doing the work. Although sometimes the old temperament does rear its head but the accompanying vocabulary is not nearly as salty as in the past.

Traveling
I also enjoy backpacking, canoeing as well as motorcycle touring. I never connected the dots and then one day it dawned on me “you must like to travel”. I love to take long and for the most part unplanned trips as far off the beaten path as possible.

So why do you ride ?
Why? Because it's just me and the machine...it's "smellivision," as my wife is fond of saying about motorcycle riding; it's all the scents that the wind carries my way as it tussles against me on a leisurely sway along the back roads on a crisp spring day. It's that rumble and pull of the engine as I twist the throttle through meandering curves. It makes life real, and it makes the "real" world go away.

Back