free website stats program Who the hell is monitering this site | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who the hell is monitering this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... just stumbled on this thread and had to comment. I come to this site for information and hear from people who share a passion. I've got no problem with the site being monitored by a bunch of dedicated individuals who I commend. Thanks - you make it worth visiting every day.:)

I suggest you read the post in this link below over to clarify not only the language but the questioning of "why".

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Been there, done that, thanks. It's all right there in black and white. And red.

PS: why couldn't you use "cheap or shoddy material or junk" instead of what you used?

Good point. I tend to structure my language according to my audience. I speak differently in church than I do having a couple of beers with a bunch of longshoreman. After experiencing over a decade of Forums, Usenet and general Internet mayhem occasionally resembling the wild, wild west it's sometimes easy to forget your audience when they're not right in front of your face.

Apologies for past transgressions and I shall endeavor to avoid a repeat in the future.

TL

Sometimes without zero tolerance rules you have to pick and choose who gets away with what. once you start that than the battle is already lost. its hard to follow the line when its fuzzy. i like it like it is here.

I think the language rules on this site are a bit excessive, but after spending 20 years in the Marine Corps I understand extreme. I have been placed on a one week vacation for making 2 posts that contained what I thought was acceptale language. I found out differant. While I was out on my vacation I thought about it quite a bit. I still think that the rules here on language are strict, but didn't have to log back on either.

No one is being forced to participate here. There are plenty of sites out there that not only accept foul language but encourage it. If you don't agree with the rules here, go somewhere else.

I'm going to hang out, at least until I slip up one more time and earn myself the boot. I am proof reading so hopefully that won't happen.

Good to hear, welcome back:s

Like mentioned above...

We don't call it censorship, we call it maturity and good manners here.

Elmosac,I am going to direct this at you,hope you don't mind.I used to think it was a little excessive as well,but after I became a moderator I would let a few things slip by when I was the only mod on and when the members on at the time seen that they would get progressively worse until I went back and edited every offending post.So I for one believe in the 0 tolerance rule.It can't be that hard on you guys you come back every day.:s

Elmosac,I am going to direct this at you,hope you don't mind.I used to think it was a little excessive as well,but after I became a moderator I would let a few things slip by when I was the only mod on and when the members on at the time seen that they would get progressively worse until I went back and edited every offending post.So I for one believe in the 0 tolerance rule.It can't be that hard on you guys you come back every day.:s

Exactly right Steve, there must be a CLEAR LINE that one must not cross, then it IS clear. So many forums crash and burn by letting small indescetions slip by, then if allowed, the flood gates open, and it's a free for all....
I have seen quite a few forums end this way. The loonies end up running the asylum.....then the end!

Exactly right Steve, there must be a CLEAR LINE that one must not cross, then it IS clear. So many forums crash and burn by letting small indescetions slip by, then if allowed, the flood gates open, and it's a free for all....
I have seen quite a few forums end this way. The loonies end up running the asylum.....then the end!

Well, I try to understand the rules here, although I think they are so excessive they are NOT clear lines. I have been called out on a word I hear every day on television. Kind of silly if you ask me. The word was not foul, abusive, or anything I would not say in front of anyone's mother. But, I will toe the line. If I don't want to abide by the rules, I will leave. However, when everyday, acceptable to normal society words are deemed unacceptable to this site, that is when the line is blurred.

Last edited:
I do not agree with the post above. The mods here have made it clear what they will not put up with. Very clear line to me! Great job guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back