free website stats program Who the hell is monitering this site | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who the hell is monitering this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people have spoken and they are 100% behind you Glider!
Keep up the fine job that you and the other mods do on this site.
I have said this before, this site can be addicting, and the reason that it is for me is that there is great input from some really knowledgeable contributors to it.

Ditto Horizonchaser and all the others. Some are addicted to Tweeter, facebook or my space. HD Talking is my addiction. I am on the site all day every day. I feel like I know some of you personally and enjoy reading all of the post.

What makes this forum so enjoyable is the level of respect.

To Glider, all the mods and members keep up the great work. :a

I to have gotten the " Friendly Reminder " not long ago...said something without using my head...and I explain and apologized to Glider. I thank him and was not a bit upset....the word was...lol ...i would not really say it...lol..but this site is way to valuable to get kicked off for me ..heck I've made friends here and saved hundreds of dollars...so if the guy thinks it too strict ..hope he enjoys his vacation..Thank all of ya ...for makin this the Best Place on the Web! Glider, and y'all Rock!

Enough of this post.

How about moderation action and delete this or lock it and lets get back to bikes

Last edited:
Danger, I understand your post, but it is nice to see the support from the members to our mods. It is a statement to all that they have the support to keep this a decent place free of trash. You don't have to read it, just force yourself not to click on the thread! LOL!

A while back I think it was RichardS who said it best...if you visit someones house for the first time, you watch your language and your behavior, and do not test the rules, as first impressions are everything.

If you do not reach a level of mutual respect it is likely you will not be extended an invitation again...HDTimeline really is an all voluntary and quite open forum...participants need only take the time to understand what is expected on both sides of the "screen"...and in the process, everyone benefits from the accumulated wealth of information and ideas sharing provides.

Last edited:
DPerfect! I say. Get it right or don't get it. Got it! This is our site. We are monitering this site. It's about us getting our bikes to run and look as good as we can. Not all the other stuff that yes is a part of our world. Just not part of this site. There is a song for the people that don't like it here. It goes like this, GET OVER IT!:lero

G'day Glider,,

I couldn't agree more,,, there's heaps of other sites around if all you want to do is swear at each other and cast disparaging comments about each others mother or GF.

HDTimeline is a gold mine of useful, tried and true info/opinion from seasoned riders and a very good site to be a part of. As a reformed past offender (oops) myself, I can say the site is much better off for enforcing a standard. Being shown the yellow card for offending should be met with a contrite apology and a retraction, simple.

cheers,
Al

Guys, I think I should chime in to this thread. I live in Australia. I speak Australian. Australian is a type of English that can be difficult to translate globally. I'm new here and recently I posted a response using "Australian" and quickly found out that what I was typing did not translate into polite language.

My point is that I have been on the receiving end of a warning here and i support the standards that are imposed on members. I have learned to consider my wording more than I usually have done in the past.

Nice site and it is these standards that keep it that way.

Cheers

Neil

Gotta stick my two cents in and thank Glider and the rest of the Mods for there time spent keeping this a great site. Got spanked myself early on for an avitar that didnt meet the standards. When your wrong your wrong! Learned early on in my life if you break the rules by accident you appoligize and move on, you break the rules with a lapse in judgement you appoligize and move on, you break the rules because you just dont care about them then just move on. Its your game you make the rules they dont like them let them find another game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back