free website stats program Whitewall Tires | Harley Davidson Forums

Whitewall Tires

billyg

Looking for advise / comments / experience with..........TIRES!!!

I have an '07 FLHT in Fire Red Pearl. I still have the stock 9-spoke rims on the bike. At present, I have the Dunlop E3 on the back....the original Dunlop on the front. I do like the overall performance of the E3, but I would like to put a THIN-line whitewall on the bike...front and back.

Would ya'll offer some suggestions?? I'd like to keep the traction of the Dunlop in mind when I purchase.

Hope this question makes sense...

Thanks

Billy G

Just my opinion...White walls are just something else to keep clean...I will admit that they do look good on some bikes...But I just don't think they are worth the price difference and the extra time to keep them clean.

I think that Dunlop 402's would work on your FLHT and they come with a wide or thin white wall.

Looking for advise / comments / experience with..........TIRES!!!

I have an '07 FLHT in Fire Red Pearl. I still have the stock 9-spoke rims on the bike. At present, I have the Dunlop E3 on the back....the original Dunlop on the front. I do like the overall performance of the E3, but I would like to put a THIN-line whitewall on the bike...front and back.

Would ya'll offer some suggestions?? I'd like to keep the traction of the Dunlop in mind when I purchase.

Hope this question makes sense...

Thanks

Billy G

Here you go. SW- skinny white wall WWW- wide white wall :Dunlop TireD402

I have the thin white walls on my bike and really like the way they look, they do require extra work but I got laced wheels for their looks so to me it's worth the effort cleaning to get the desired results.

With a little over 12,000 miles on my original thin white side wall dunlops, I also like the traction and looks of them also and that's what I'll be replacing them with when the time comes. I ride a Harley, if I was worried about the replacement cost of stuff, I'd bought a rice burner. Just my humble opinion, but I've been wrong lots of times.

For looks, depends a lot on your particular bike and color scheme. The wide white walls look great on my '04 RK Classic in glacier white....

HPIM3267.jpg

I ride an 07 Road King Classic with spoke wheels and wide white walls front and rear. Yes, it is a job to keep them clean but as you can see in the pic, it's definitely worth it! I spend a lot of time cleaning and polishing my bike and next to riding it's a passion for me. After all, our bikes are representative of who we are, I'm shiny clean!
Here is how I keep them clean and looking good.
1. Spray Citrus Clean concentrate on dry wheel, brake dust rolls off.
2. Scrub with wheel brush
3. Rinse
4. Repeat step 1-3
5. Finish with SOS pad

Takes a while but results are worth it!

Attachments

• whitewall 800x600.jpg
    whitewall 800x600.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 18
I replaced the original rear stock Dunlop (402 I think) with a Dunlop E3. I'd heard that following tire snakes was a prevelant problem with the stock tire. I must admit the E3 seems to be a better performing tire. Ive noticed on grooved pavement, the bike has less tendency to 'chine walk'. I'd like to find a WW that would give the performance of the E3. I dont care for the look of the wide whitewalls on the dressers.

Billy G

Back