free website stats program Whining noise | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Whining noise

An over tightened primary chain will whine...When you serviced it did you adjust the primary?

Hmmm that's worth looking into. I believe it wasn't till 07 they got the automatic tensioners ? Or was it they had problems with the auto tensioners in 06 and fixed it in 07?

I like to check the tension on my 09 when i have the derby cover off to change out the lube and or adjust the clutch....

I take a flashlight and a Long bladed screwdriver..Looking Left and lifting the primary chain about where the inspection Door Used to be and feel and look to see it is NOT too tight or loose...So far everything on AUTO is working good...

IF TOO loose Gliders way to tighten it up a bit works...
I added to His method a little.. Here is mine

I run IN 3 Gear and keep throttle at 45 speed and push rear brake while TRYing to increase speed ... That pulls on the top of chain so it will RATCHET IF chain is Loose enough on bottom.....

Hitting OFF and ON with rear brake while excelling,,,,, Jars the Auto IF it is stuck or not doing its job..

Really should not need this BUT? It does work..

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie,

"Hitting OFF and ON with rear brake while excelling,,,,, Jars the Auto IF it is stuck or not doing its job.."

What do you mean when you say "Hitting OFF and ON"?

Can you elaborate for me?

Cheers!

Back