free website stats program Which tire to use on a Rigid rear Suspension FXR | Harley Davidson Forums

Which tire to use on a Rigid rear Suspension FXR

Pantera

Hello,

I am looking to buy a good rear tire for my HArley FXR which has a rigid rear suspension. I have bridgestone right now and they were ok, I use them with 15psi so i can get a bit of a better comfortable ride.

Any suggestions on which tire to buy? Avon super Venom and Metzeler M880 are some suggestions i picked up from the Forum.

Pics attached of the bike.

thanks

Pantera

Attachments

• fxr2.jpg
    fxr2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 21
  • fxr.jpg
    fxr.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 22
If most of your riding with that "strut" solid rear will be around town and bar hopping type riding, take a look at some of the cheaper tires. Shinko is a very good grippy tire, but wears fast. They are about 1/3 the price of the big name tires. I don't know about sidewall stifness on them.

If most of your riding with that "strut" solid rear will be around town and bar hopping type riding, take a look at some of the cheaper tires. Shinko is a very good grippy tire, but wears fast. They are about 1/3 the price of the big name tires. I don't know about sidewall stifness on them.

Sorry i didn´t mention it, i use this bike for 60 to 70 miles trips on weekends, bar hopping and a bit of drag racing. It´s actually the fastest Harley around in Uruguay where I live.

Thanks for the input i´ll check them out.

I was very happy with the Bridgstone Spitefire on my Rigid Shovelhead. Ran 10-13 lbs and it has a stiff enough sidewall for support.

I ran a firestone on the back of a chopper hardtail

Back