free website stats program Which is the best EFI Tuner? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which is the best EFI Tuner?

My 04 ultra had been updated by previous owner with 103 screaming eagle heads , cams , screaming eagle tuner etc. In my area north central Ohio the only shops that would tune the screaming eagle tuner are the Harley dealerships or former dealership mechanics that had the harley software etc. . I have 3 other bike shops in my area that would work on thundermax etc. but not sreaming eagle tuners . It was $250 for a dyno tune(has to be put on dyno to tune) & i still have some back fire in deacceleration that i will live with since the pinging & performance is better . Over all im happy with sceaming eagle tuner with 98 hp & 105 fpt .

When I got my 07 ultra it had a SERT installed already. Hasn't missed a beat in 30k for me. Just change plugs and fluids.

If you like to tinker with settings, have a lot of flexibility, and know your way around a computer, you might want to take a look at the ThunderMax. I have one on my Ultra, and am very pleased. Good customer support, a good selection of maps to suit your application as well as accommodate future upgrades. This unit replaces your ECM, and requires the use of wide band vice narrow band O2 sensors. This is not a piggy back unit, and ThunderMax has a lot of experience in racing applications.

I am not affiliated in any way with Zippers or ThunderMax, just a happy customer.

+1 on the Thundermax. I have a PC-V only because I couldn't quite afford a Thundermax when I did my stage one. My PC-V has been great but if money wasn't a problem I'd go for the Thundermax. I have heard only good things about them from indys.

The TTS Mastertune is the current state of the art. The successor to the SERT but much more user friendly and with a Vtune feature that allows the user to "self" tune the bike.

The TTS Mastertune is the product of Steve Cole, the designer of the SERT which was the predecessor to the SEST/SEPST. Basically the MoCo took Coles software, did not renew their agreement with Steve and developed the SEST/SEPST. I am sure I don't have all the facts and details but that is the short version.

Steve took his software, refined it and developed the TTS Mastertune, which by most tuner standards is the current state of the art. Owners of the SERT can upgrade to the TTS system for $100 and the TTS system for new users runs about $450 and for an upcharge, forget how much, the TTS can be used on two bikes.

The V+H fuel pack has solved the lean problem and for the money its ok but Id like to give Dobeck a try next time..

On my 2nd Dobeck product (upgraded fm TFI to GEN3) and these little boxes are magical! Can't believe how smooth they get your bike running and adjustments are free (vs. $pendy dyno tune).

The TTS Mastertune is the product of Steve Cole, the designer of the SERT which was the predecessor to the SEST/SEPST. Basically the MoCo took Coles software, did not renew their agreement with Steve and developed the SEST/SEPST. I am sure I don't have all the facts and details but that is the short version.

Steve took his software, refined it and developed the TTS Mastertune, which by most tuner standards is the current state of the art.

This is the EXACT version I heard from one of the service managers at my local HD dealership. He had to tell me quietly though. I guess he thought he might get fired if he was caught bad mouthing Harley!

This is the EXACT version I heard from one of the service managers at my local HD dealership. He had to tell me quietly though. I guess he thought he might get fired if he was caught bad mouthing Harley!

He just wanted you Dr., to get a full bang for cash instead of a overpriced HD branded product..................

Back