free website stats program Where do you keep your registration ?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where do you keep your registration ??

Proof of registration not required in Texas. License and insurance are. Your license plate is your registration. Usually the cop already knows who the vehicle is registered to by the time he walks up.

I always make a reduced copy of my insurance card and keep it in my wallet. All other stuff goes in windshield bag or saddlebags.

All are in a little pouch that is in my windshield bag. Used to keep it in the backpack, but now with the bag I just leave it there, since I occassionally leave the bag at home.

in Florida, you dont have to have insurance on your motorcycle unless you are financing it and the bank makes you get it, but if your bike is paid off, or you owe less than what its worth, you dont need to have insurance.

doesnt matter if im riding the desert or the mountains, my leather is with me all the time and it has a special pocket on the bottom in back and i keep my registration, insurance and a photocopy of my title rolled up and in a baggy.

I have a custom made leather tank "pouch" that nicely matches the detail and studding on the original heritage saddlebags. It has a velcro flap, the side expands for larger items and has worked really well for 18 years. I can easily fit my cellphone and other items, which is ideal for those short trips over lunch when I still need to be "reachable". The pouch has started to weather some and I am tempted to replace one day with a chrome dash extension from the stealer that matches the dash, but it is so convenient that I am not sure I go without it.

I made a bracket which held my leather tool bag just in front of my license plate on the Sportster.
On my Street Glide, I found a retangle zipper bag at Wally World which I mounted to the saddle bag lid cloth bolts. I keep my owners manual and registration in it.
I stold a small cosmetic bag from wife, mounted it in the other saddle bag to hold my air gauge/air shock pump.

I don't ride a Heritage, but I keep my registration in my wallet. I don't like leaving anything with all of my personal info on the bike when I am not around to keep an eye on it.

SportyHawg - good advice that it is...with identity theft on the rise, it does not make sense to have personal info LEFT on the bike unattended. That said, in California, you must carry proof of registration, insurance AND a valid CA Drivers License w/ M1 indicating Motorcycle Class 1 (they have not gone to tiered motorcycle classes so 1 is it).

Back