free website stats program Where did the time go? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where did the time go?

pru7536

Where did the time go? It has been one year, to the day, since I was laid up with a gout attack in Paris, TX while on my adventure to California. I haven’t done a whole lot of riding this year due to some family issues. The heat of summer is here with a vengeance in Virginia.

I have spent some time going through the website my computer wizard brother in law made to document my California adventure in conjunction with the posts I made to HDT. I have corrected some spelling and grammatical errors as well as adding captions to many of the pictures. There are still some that do not have captions, but I can’t remember exactly where some of them were taken, or there were multiple pictures of the same place.

If you have nothing to do while you are not riding, the website makes for cheap entertainment. If anyone has constructive criticism to make it better, feel free to let me know. It is a work in progress and any suggestions for improvement would be most appreciated. (maddogmarrion.com).

It’s a good thing I took the trip when I did. Since my return, my dad died. My mom had an aortic aneurysm and some strokes. She is now in a rehabilitation facility with questionable prospects of coming out and going back to her home. I took her dog to my house with me and my sister gave her cats to loving homes. The 2010 Ultra Classic that I bought in October of 2010 barely has 4K miles on it and I think the prospect of putting any significant miles on it this year are minimal. I had considered selling it, but I would take a thrashing on it and maybe I can take another adventure next year. Maybe I’ll just hang onto it. The missus has to go away for some job related training in July and she will not be back for ten weeks. With four dogs to take care of, I don’t see how I will be able to take any major rides for the foreseeable future.

I hope everyone that has taken trips during the past year and those who will take a major trip this year will be as fortunate as I was regarding weather and keeping the demons at bay.

As today is Memorial Day, think of those that have served and given their all, so we may enjoy the things we do. Best wishes to you all!

I was wondering where you'd been since your adventure. I got on here every day to read how things were going, where you were and to see the wonderful pictures! I hope that your mother's health improves and your situations allow you to take another adventure soon. :) Take care and God bless....

a lot can sure change in a year. a year ago i was starting a new job for the first time in 25 years. i ran my own buisness that long an accident and failing health brought that about. but i never question God's plan for my life. sorry to hear about your parents. i will be Praying for your Mom. my adventures are few and far between nowadays too. but the memories and a short ride every now and then helps us retain our sanity :s

I followed your trip last year and really enjoyed it, made me feel that I was with you on the ride. Sorry to hear about your parents and hope your mom gets better soon. Just remember there is no better way to leave your troubles behind you for awhile then to get on that Ultra and do some cruising. Will say a prayer for your family.:D:D

Pru, I too, followed your adventure. It inspired me to continue with my own even though my friend dropped out at the last minute. I followed your advice and took along a Notebook computer and recorded my trip, including photos. I've printed that record into a booklet that I pull out every once in awhile and relive the great adventure.

A year ago....seems like only yesterday

Thanks again for your posts and your inspiration

Good to hear from you. Sorry about your mom and dad. I would love for you to take another long trip and share it with us again. I don't know if I'll ever be able to take one like that my self. Thanks again for shareing your trip.

I just spent the last 2 hrs reading every word and looking at every picture on your website. Best reading I've done in a while.Thank you for a pleasant evening and sharing your adventure. I can only hope to someday do even half of that. And my condolences on the loss of your dad and prayers for your mom.

Back