free website stats program Where can I find a larger aftermarket gas tank? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where can I find a larger aftermarket gas tank?

Wow, I'd love to hear the answer to this one too. I hear rumours of a "Touring tank" which is an external add-on tank, but all the googling I can muster has failed to turn one up.

Solanki

The best only place I know is www.ricks-motorcycles.com Cost is 999 Euro which converts to about $1285. If it will help, maybe you could tell him Robert from Kaiserslautern sent you, maybe he will remember me and give you a deal. I haven't upgraded yet, but am going to get a quote.

The cost is 999 Euro which converts to about $1285. almost the cost to upgrade to a .07 that comes with a 5 gal tank plus other goodies

Hi,

I can't imagine that my 2004 VRSCB plus 1300 bucks is going to get me a 2007 VRSCA. And what about all the guys with older V-rods?

Does anyone know if it just drops in place of the original or are some mods required?

For example, it's my understanding that Harley widened the frame to get the new 5 Gal tank in. I wonder how rick done it

Diljera

I used Metzlers on a Deuce, rear worked good, front cupped badly on the edges, 10K miles was the life of both. Put Metzlers on the V-Rod, rear cupped badly on the edges and lasted 10K, front has no cupping and will probably go close to 15K. I've gone back to a Dunlop rear. Gave me 10K with no ugly wear pattern.

I don't do enough twisties to wear out the sides and I avoid the rain if possible, which means I might miss 30 days of riding out of 365.

For all you guys putting on bigger tires, why do you want to reduce the handling quality? 180 is optimum.

Sopana

After talking with Rick, it does require some mods and you do have to remove your rear wheel, and swing arm and I believe move the plate in the back. takes
about 4 hours.

Solanki

I sent an email querying the price and fitting and I got a quoteand a Powerpoint of the fitting instructions. It's quite a job and a bit daunting. Getting a Harley mechanic to do it would be tempting but also add considerably to the cost. Also, 1300 bucks for a plastic tank seems a bit much! I guess we're paying for the development cost here, it looks like a pretty technical moulding.

HDLover

I sent an email querying the price and fitting and I got a quoteand a Powerpoint of the fitting instructions. It's quite a job and a bit daunting. Getting a Harley mechanic to do it would be tempting but also add considerably to the cost. Also, 1300 bucks for a plastic tank seems a bit much! I guess we're paying for the development cost here, it looks like a pretty technical moulding.

HDLover

Personally plastic jug or any other type fake jugs for that matter, does not cut it...:newsmile100:
Look at the Road King one that is rack mounted at the very bottom...

http://www.sampson-sporttouring.com/fuel-cells.html

Seriously, the VRSC came with a metal tank...either get one sculptured with modest 1 or 2 gals increase (6.6lbs/gal, high center of gravity) or add an auxilliary tank made for Iron Butt ralleys and such, they are more rugged and safer JMHO. :D

Back