free website stats program Where are the fuses??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where are the fuses???

Gidday everyone! Just bought my first HD, a 98 Sportster in showroom condition. I cannot fault it in any way except I didn't get an owner manual or workshop manual with it.

I have removed the seat and the left side panel (behind the battery) although did not notice any fuses!! Are they hiding somewhere else or did I just not look hard enough?

Every bike I have owned has blown at least 1 regulator/rectifier and/or fuses although they have all been jap sports bikes. I like the more laid back cruising style on the Harley and I will NEVER grow tired of the sound....
:bigsmiley18:

Any advice would be appreciated until such time that I get a decent workshop manual.

Cheers, Mark.

Hey thanks Hobbit. While you were replying I was finding my way around the website and found the 1998 Sportster workshop manual!!! As you say, behind the left cover next to the battery. They look a little hidden although now I know where to look and how to access them.

Hey thanks Hobbit. While you were replying I was finding my way around the website and found the 1998 Sportster workshop manual!!! As you say, behind the left cover next to the battery. They look a little hidden although now I know where to look and how to access them.

Funny thing these Owners Manuals; the fuse assignments in my 2005 manual incorrectly swaps F6 & F7 assignements (it says "F6 is spare 15A" & "F7 is instruments 15A"), whereas the Service Manual correctly identifies them...so do read everything and check things out yourself! :D

Back