free website stats program when parked is your bike in gear or neutral? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

when parked is your bike in gear or neutral?

When parked is your bike in gear or in neutral?

• In Gear

Votes: 42 47.7%
  • In Neutral

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • In gear on incline

Votes: 14 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When parked it is always in gear.
When starting it is always in neutral with the clutch pulled in.

It is Wednesday and Wednesday is my day to be correct so this must be the right way to do it.:D

Any chance of the bike rolling off the stand I will put it into gear other than that its N, cold srart its in N with clutch pulled.

Another one for neutral in the garage and in-gear everywhere else.

For some reason I never trust the neutral light to be correct. Even with the light lit, I slowly let out on the clutch expecting to move forward. So far the neutral light has never malfunctioned, regardless. I chalk it up to another strange quirk of mine.....Always have the clutch in when starting, for that reason.:p

Another one for neutral in the garage and in-gear everywhere else.

For some reason I never trust the neutral light to be correct. Even with the light lit, I slowly let out on the clutch expecting to move forward. So far the neutral light has never malfunctioned, regardless. I chalk it up to another strange quirk of mine.....Always have the clutch in when starting, for that reason.:p

I park the same, and always thought that i was the only one that slowly let the clutch out. I see the light, for neutral, but still somehow don't trust it.:sd

Neutral in garage, everywhere else its however I feel at that moment. Most of the time in gear unless it's flat.

Start up is in neutral with clutch pulled in. I almost always am sitting on it when I do this. Some people like to start from the side and then get their helmet or whatever on, I've seen someone leave it in gear and went to let out the clutch and watched him run beside the bike trying to stop it.

I always leave mine in gear when parking, had a freind have his turn out into traffic when he left it in neutral. Its easy enough to put the trans back in neutral before you start it. Just a little insurance is all!

Back