free website stats program Wheel installation kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Wheel installation kit

Bud White

Retired Moderators
Here's the pics nothing fancy .. and why would i do it instead of paying the local indy .. who do i trust more than me ?? no one.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

95987.gif

1 blind hole bearing puller.. i caught it on sale for 29$ this will do 3/4" - 1" and 25mm bearings in my bike with abs they were 25mm

Since its from harbor freight its made in china i think and the threaded rod on the slap hammer is metric.. you will not get the bearings out on with the slap hammer so go down to hard ware store and fine the rod closest and run it into the adapter head.

Then weld and you end up with this...

100_1262.jpg

Use the PVC cap and other piece of straight PVC not shown to fit on wheel hub and bull the bearing up and in with he PVC you don't have to remove rotors though it rests on bolts .

100_1263.jpg

As for the installer tool I Ebayed it i know some don't like the place but it was cheap and the fittings to press the bearing in were exact size.

100_1264.jpg

Harley Davidson Sealed Wheel Bearing Installer Tool:eBay Motors (item 160371510434 end time Nov-19-09 19:07:08 PST)

This is who i got it from little cheaper in the summer .. So under $100 and about 20 minutes of your time to change the bearings your sure its done right . It had the adapters for 3/4 - 1" and 25mm bearings also ..

Ill have to do a full right up of changing tires and such

Back