free website stats program wheel bearings | Harley Davidson Forums

wheel bearings

01 rk

Can anyone tell me what wheel bearings,front and rear, are in my 2006flhtci
and if there is an after market replacement. Preferably American made.
Thanks

Can anyone tell me what wheel bearings,front and rear, are in my 2006flhtci. and if there is an after market replacement. Preferably American made.Thanks

Your front and rear wheel bearings are the same, H-D PN 9247 and there is nothing wrong with the OEM bearings. However, if you want to replace them with an aftermarket bearing, pull one of the bearings and take it to a local bearing supply house for a cross match to aftermarket bearings. Just be sure to get the same quality of the OEM bearing which is a roller with contact seals vic a non contact seal on both sides of the bearing.

The bearing dimensions are 1"ID x 52mm OD x 21MM Width. Good luck in finding a made in the USA replacement but you can try SKF 6105-RS1 which is a common replacement or HDAB1-C14A which is another common replacement. Not sure of the country of origin of either but don't believe either is made in the USA; probably, Japan, China or Korea. If you want to save some $$ aftermarket is the way to go but, like I said, the OEM wheel bearings for the early models are decent bearings. The wheel bearing issues didn't start until '08 when the axle diameter changed to 25mm.

Back