free website stats program What's your favorite ride ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's your favorite ride ?

Come back to the U.S. through Alex Bay,NY on I-81 South. Head East on Rt. 12 to Rt. 37 along the St. Lawrence Seaway to Messena, NY. Go South on Rt. 56 into the Adirondak Park to Rt. 3. Sevey, NY. Head East on Rt. 3 to Rt. 9 in Plattsburg,NY and then Rt. 9-B to Rouse Point, NY. At Rouse Point there is a ferry to Vermont on US Rt. 2.

Happy riding and have a safe trip

I'd come back to the US at Alex Bay ( I-81 S ) to Rt. 12, Esat to Rt. 37, then South on Rt. 56 at Messaena, NY. Go Esat on Rt. 3 to Plattsburg, NY and then North on Rt. 9 and 9-B to Rouse Point at US Rt. 2. There is a ferry there to Vermont

Good ride through the park past numerous lake towns and sights

Come back to the U.S. through Alex Bay,NY on I-81 South. Head East on Rt. 12 to Rt. 37 along the St. Lawrence Seaway to Messena, NY. Go South on Rt. 56 into the Adirondak Park to Rt. 3. Sevey, NY. Head East on Rt. 3 to Rt. 9 in Plattsburg,NY and then Rt. 9-B to Rouse Point, NY. At Rouse Point there is a ferry to Vermont on US Rt. 2.

Happy riding and have a safe trip

I'd come back to the US at Alex Bay ( I-81 S ) to Rt. 12, Esat to Rt. 37, then South on Rt. 56 at Messaena, NY. Go Esat on Rt. 3 to Plattsburg, NY and then North on Rt. 9 and 9-B to Rouse Point at US Rt. 2. There is a ferry there to Vermont

Good ride through the park past numerous lake towns and sights

Thanks for the information... we meet with the other couple and share our ideas and I will print this out and share it in our next planning session. They have been tourning for over 12 years and have covered 46 of the 48 states on their bikes plus Canada, Nova Scotia. They are good friends of ours and we also play golf together. It's hard trying to find a place they have not been but I like to have a route they have not taken.

There really are plenty of favorite ones...here in California. But to put balance to this thread, I must say my LEAST favorite is the gravel, pot hole laden one following a cager's dust at only 10 mph max along an extremely narrow temporary two lane construction road, that follows the big orange unannounced Detour sign, "--which wasn't there a week ago...and seems to last (and usually does) forever"!!! :newsmile107:

We all know the ones where it starts off by just saying "Uneven Roadway" (no lane changing here) with periodic "Slow" 5 mph and the final ultimate indignity "Watch Out Flagman Ahead" where he leads you to yet another one with the same rocks, dust and potholes...finally exiting you out and finding out the Detour is 15-20 miles out of the way, in the middle of nowhere, an hour or two off schedule. :bigsmiley32:

Last edited:
I like riding country roads where I can enjoy the throttle a bit coming out of turns and hearing the engine rev. Nowhere else do I enjoy the feel of the scoot than when there is no traffic, other than a column of bikes that is.

Sounds good to me. Occasionally I like riding a nice highway in a pack. When you go under the overpasses there is nothing like the sound of rolling thunder.

Back