free website stats program Whats wrong with some people ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Whats wrong with some people ?

Yep, there's gotta be one bad egg in the carton & sorry to hear about your situation. No matter what the cost - people should respect other's property. Would be nice to have a dome to put over the scoot for security while out & about b/c I've caught people leaning on my bike & politely let them know I wasn't pleased.

In the Wasington DC metro area they have a problem with the Gang banger Hoodlum types ripping them off of cars or bikes if they are a one piece stainless type antenae. They use them for weapons in thier fights.

Something that is missing these days is respect!! For some reason many people usually the younger crowd does not have the respect that we did growing up.

They do what they want, take what they want with total disregard to anyone else.

Then once they get caught and in trouble all they do is place blame on everyone else.

I don't know if its bad parenting, or most kids growing up in daycare due to both parents needing jobs these days or what. But It just seems to keep getting worse
Ditto -- I think you hit the nail on the head with the 'NO RESPECT" thing. I do not mess with others folks 'stuff' and I dont want them messing with my stuff - just that simple.

bill

Me and my wife were out on the bikes and stopped to get something to eat, on the way home she was having problems with reception on her cb, when we pulled over to check it out we found the antenna mast was cut clean at the base, I could not believe someone would steal something as trivial as a antenna, It seems as though this is probly something only useful to a Harley as the size of the mast is small and I cant use a antenna mast from a standard cb antenna I had in the garage, anyway this lightened my wallet by $35.00 of course not the end of the world, but made me angry just the same.

Wayne, sorry you got ripped off. Honestly, in my case it is better that I would not have caught someone committing the act. They would be the grass and I would be the lawnmower.

Something that is missing these days is respect!! For some reason many people usually the younger crowd does not have the respect that we did growing up.

They do what they want, take what they want with total disregard to anyone else.

Then once they get caught and in trouble all they do is place blame on everyone else.

I don't know if its bad parenting, or most kids growing up in daycare due to both parents needing jobs these days or what. But It just seems to keep getting worse

You are right its respect thats missing. And that is a sign of the times. According to the bible it will get worse and worse at the end. Children will disobey parents and there will be crime on every corner. It is the plan of satan I believe for every body working so hard becaused we think we have to have everything we want and we want it now. I am 66 yrs old and am now just getting some of the things I want that I have waited all my life for and I don't regret it one bit because through waiting I have learned to respect what I have waited for and what others have even more. OK I will get off my soap box now. Have a nice day.

I have to reluctantly confess that in my youth my so called friends (code for someone to hang out with who also had too much free time and enjoyed a general lack of parental direction) and I were often a problem for hard working folk to survive. Now when something similar happens to me my second thought is I have it coming for all the grief I caused others. However it was understood at the time if we were apprehended by the offended party we deserved the beating that ensued. We would have never told our parents for two reasons. It would have been considered poor form and they would have finished what the other guy started. I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience - Bob

Back