free website stats program What's this worth? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's this worth?

Once you butcher a rare bike it has limited value. The low numbered Dynas were one of these bikes as well as the original Sturgis model, Too bad so many of them were ruined in my opinion

"1992 Daytona Dyna Limited Edition # 109 of 1700 made. Rare valuable Harley and will only get more valuable with time. This is not a small little Sportster this is a big 1400 Dyna Glide. Its a Fat Boy without all the bulky add-ons."

Don't get how it's a Fat Boy, without all the add add-ons?

"1992 Daytona Dyna Limited Edition # 109 of 1700 made. Rare valuable Harley and will only get more valuable with time. This is not a small little Sportster this is a big 1400 Dyna Glide. Its a Fat Boy without all the bulky add-ons."

Don't get how it's a Fat Boy, without all the add add-ons?

I agree, totally different frame, engine mount system (rubber vs rigid mount) and suspension, other than that what's left to be the same as a fat boy? Maybe the color? :D

Hah, I was thinking the same thing...once you take the "fat" outta the FB what do you have left...:bigsmiley13:a sad girl perhaps...?!!!

Interesting topic.
25 - 30 years ago it was a rare day to find an HD advertised in the newspaper, or elsewhere for that matter. Now days they fill the columns with adds like: paid $20k, invested another 6 or 8K and selling for $18k. Something like that. HD has done great marketing job to keep in business, I am thankful for that. But expecting appreciation is a very high hope given the number of bikes for sale and the economy.
I'm happy with my 2 anniversary FB's. Got em like I like em. Can't imagine ever sellin em.
Vintage bikes appreciate. Sure wish I had my old knuck & pan. I'm sure many of us do. Not to long ago it was a long drive back from an estate auction when all I thought about was the 48 Pan (all original) sold for $52k.
Will todays bikes ever reach that level??
Did they have a 35th, 40th, 45th, 50th, 55th etc anniversay model! Now it seems like we have all kinds of anniversary models to choose from. No disrespect to any and all riders. Your bike is your bike, whatever it is. But my point is with so many to choose from it has been a buyer market for used for a long time.
Its like a friend told me about purchasing a gem stone. Don't buy it thinking you'll make money on it, buy it for a price you are happy with and because you like it.
Ok, I'm going home now!

Back