free website stats program whatcha think | Harley Davidson Forums

whatcha think

03hd4me

here it is.. have an 03 fatboy and from stock we went 95 in ported polished, 45mm mikuni, V&H propipe mappable ignition flatop pistons 258 cams Se intake etc, at dyno i got 103.9 hp and 99.5 torque. was cool for a (little) while so decided after i blew it up (ride it like i stole it..i do) when we cracked it we put 103 flywheels etc in essence creating a 103 with 95 in heads still not good enough i dropped some 103 cvo heads on it. mind you know i know for the $$ i could have hit it out of the ball park but to date with all mods i have done all parts labor (buddy of mine)i'm only down 3000$ or so when i put bike on dyno this time SE 103 heads not ported/polished, flywheels, and all else i mentioned plus .030 cometic head gaskets. i got 107.8 tq and 99.6 hp. i was cool with the tq bummed that the hP went away.Soooooooooo. my latest idea is this Woods bros tw6h cams drop a tooth in crank gear to 24 going 37 tooth in clutch basket will change gearing from 3"15 to 3:37 also gonna change out the torque baffle in my pro-pipe to the competion baffle i have. am thinking of milling the heads a touch plus the cometic gasket. still to figure out how much and is this all a waste of time with out port.polish the heads. i have been told both #1 that i will get some good ass numbers even with out p&p heads. sooo let er rip and ideas??

Attachments

• DSC00776.jpg
    DSC00776.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 70
here it is.. have an 03 fatboy and from stock we went 95 in ported polished, 45mm mikuni, V&H propipe mappable ignition flatop pistons 258 cams Se intake etc, at dyno i got 103.9 hp and 99.5 torque. was cool for a (little) while so decided after i blew it up (ride it like i stole it..i do) when we cracked it we put 103 flywheels etc in essence creating a 103 with 95 in heads still not good enough i dropped some 103 cvo heads on it. mind you know i know for the $$ i could have hit it out of the ball park but to date with all mods i have done all parts labor (buddy of mine)i'm only down 3000$ or so when i put bike on dyno this time SE 103 heads not ported/polished, flywheels, and all else i mentioned plus .030 cometic head gaskets. i got 107.8 tq and 99.6 hp. i was cool with the tq bummed that the hP went away.Soooooooooo. my latest idea is this Woods bros tw6h cams drop a tooth in crank gear to 24 going 37 tooth in clutch basket will change gearing from 3"15 to 3:37 also gonna change out the torque baffle in my pro-pipe to the competion baffle i have. am thinking of milling the heads a touch plus the cometic gasket. still to figure out how much and is this all a waste of time with out port.polish the heads. i have been told both #1 that i will get some good ass numbers even with out p&p heads. sooo let er rip and ideas??

Who ported & polished your stock TC88 heads? They have the same potential as ported CVO heads. The CVO heads are the same basic casting. You need to have automatic compression releases installed in which ever set of heads you use. Port match the intake to the heads, use 1.90 intake and 1.56 exhaust valves. Springs and retainers & locks to match your cams. 10 - 10.5/1 CR. Ditch the SE cams and go with Andrews 37G gear drive cams. Jims lifters and SE adj. push-rods. SE Billet rocker support and roller rockers. A Fueling oil pump and cam support and Barnett Scorpion clutch. Use the competition baffle in your pipe. Jet carb to match engine.
With bike tuned correctly this combo will give you 120+ft/tq . and 115+hp from 103ci.
1 thing I foregot you have a B engine so you'll need to have the Ballancers and the Crank Balanced togeather, if not she'll shake her self to death.

Who ported & polished your stock TC88 heads? They have the same potential as ported CVO heads. The CVO heads are the same basic casting. You need to have automatic compression releases installed in which ever set of heads you use. Port match the intake to the heads, use 1.90 intake and 1.56 exhaust valves. Springs and retainers & locks to match your cams. 10 - 10.5/1 CR. Ditch the SE cams and go with Andrews 37G gear drive cams. Jims lifters and SE adj. push-rods. SE Billet rocker support and roller rockers. A Fueling oil pump and cam support and Barnett Scorpion clutch. Use the competition baffle in your pipe. Jet carb to match engine.
With bike tuned correctly this combo will give you 120+ft/tq . and 115+hp from 103ci.
1 thing I foregot you have a B engine so you'll need to have the Ballancers and the Crank Balanced togeather, if not she'll shake her self to death.
appreciate the info, head were initially done at local shop. actually im gonna use wood cams tw6h 240 duration 590 lift BIG torque cam dont think torque is gonna be a prob just hoping to get HP number close even though i know been told million time torque is what wins the race

appreciate the info, head were initially done at local shop. actually im gonna use wood cams tw6h 240 duration 590 lift BIG torque cam dont think torque is gonna be a prob just hoping to get HP number close even though i know been told million time torque is what wins the race
If HP is what your after that cam will give it to you as long as your willing to keep her cranked up, and your heads are set up for it. Remember "B" 6500rpm red-line.
With 103ci B motor and a .590 lift cam and flat top pistons you'll have to have valve clearances cut in the pistons. If you don't trust your ported heads, send the SE heads to Branch Flowmetrics
http://www.branchflowmetrics.com/Introduction.htm
and let them work their magic on them, along with a set of JE pistons to match.
I'm running their heads & JE piston combo on a 06 103ci Dyna that makes 146HP on pump gas and gets 40mpg on the highway!
The cam I'm running is a Custom grind done for me by Andrews with a .650 lift 314 ID and 312 ED.
I started with a 60mm intake but ended up building my own from billet with a 64mm TB and flow matched Bosh injectors.

Back