free website stats program what type of silicone? | Harley Davidson Forums

what type of silicone?

johndeeredr

hi everybody. going to install a set on se slip on mufflers on stock header pipes on my 08 fat boy. found out on this forum that i need to use a silicone sealant and new mufflers clamps. what type of sealant should i be looking for?

Not sure if this is what you're asking about but I brushed on a coating of anti-sieze, or copper grease, to make it easier to get them off in the future. The new clamps is a good idea.

I use copper grease on mine as i have my mufflers off a couple of time a year and it helps them not stick to the header pipes

Brian

You don't "need to" or have to. Like the Doc says it just makes it easier to remove them when and if you have to remove them in the future. You really don't need to use new clamps based on the condition of the old ones.

I use what Capt Jack recommendds & after numerous bike/exhaust swaps - never had a leak and pipes always come off easy...JMO.

This is what I used. Tempt range is 700 degrees.At the time I thought that the muffler leaking might be the source of my decel popping issues.It didn't solve my problem but did allow to move on to the next possible solution,which was a Gen EJK 111. NoOOOOOOOOOO more popping.
DSCN1773-vi.jpg
:newsmile105:

Back