free website stats program What kind of oil | Harley Davidson Forums

What kind of oil

well I'm no expert but I really like the mobel 1 stuff . 75/140 for the tranny and v-twin 20/50 for the motor ,Ive also used M1 15/50 great stuff as well altought I prefer the v-twin 20/50 for summer use .I feel that as long as you pick a good oil to begin with and change as your supposed to and stick with it you'll be fine so pick something qaulity to start with like M1, Redline ,royal purple to name a few and of course use the synthetic line and dont obsess about which one is the best because I dont think anyone really know that anyway.............................ride safe
keith

in preparation for my 1000 mile service I found this comparison:

Lucas Oil : 8.5
Mobil 1 syn : 8.0
Harley Syn: 5
Harley Regular: 3

well I'm no expert but I really like the mobel 1 stuff . 75/140 for the tranny and v-twin 20/50 for the motor ,Ive also used M1 15/50 great stuff as well altought I prefer the v-twin 20/50 for summer use .I feel that as long as you pick a good oil to begin with and change as your supposed to and stick with it you'll be fine so pick something qaulity to start with like M1, Redline ,royal purple to name a few and of course use the synthetic line and dont obsess about which one is the best because I dont think anyone really know that anyway.............................ride safe
keith

Check this out:

Oil Suggestions For Harleys - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

I'm running M1 V-Twin 20/50 in engine and primary and Redline Gear Oil in tranny on advice on another forum, and it is really working great.

Sparx.

Spectro in the chaincase (Heavy chaincase oil)and trans(Platinum 6), Mobile 1 V-Twin in the engine(20-50).

Back