free website stats program What kind of bars are on your touring bike? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

What kind of bars are on your touring bike?

Redfish-Joe said:
Krome Werks 2+2's

1canuck said:
wild ones WO575

Looking to change bars on my '02 FLHT and the 2+2s and WO575s are two I am considering. Did either of you have to change clutch, throttle/idle cables and/or front brake lines?

i see no one has mentioned checking the rules on Apes for your state? as i have read from previous threads that the rules change per state in the US

Handlebar Height Laws

me i ran 16" on a fat boy and im 5'6" and rode with no issues what so ever, still trying to decide on beach / heritage / of 14" apes on my switchback

APE'S BABY 17 inch rise, 41 inch width, and 1 1/4 diameter chubbys with chrome controls and stiletto grips. Lots of time and money invested on the look and height but they are perfect for me. Oh and being 6'5 helps me reach them but the law still don't like them, we have a height law on bars here in Indiana.

On my 2013 FLHR I made a deal when I bought the bike,to add heritage style bars,so I got a we owe,and went on my way.I had heard a lot about the stock bars creating back/shoulder aches.But was surprised,it never really happened.I put 1,000 miles on with them.Changed then at the 1st service.I am more comfortable with the new bars,they give 3in.more pull back.However,I think I could have lived with the stock ones.

Back