free website stats program What kind of a deal did I get? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What kind of a deal did I get?

I see these posts all the time and just have to laugh. You say you are happy so what else matters? Hundreds of things can be considered part of the "deal." Financing? Maintenance? P&A discounts at time of purchase? Did you walk out feeling you had formed a good relationship with that dealership or was it an adversarial climate the whole way? How do you feel about their service department? Did you even meet anyone in the service department? Extended warranty?

Why do most of us park our new bikes for the first time and almost immediately start wondering if we got a good or bad deal? Is it, as someone just posted, an ego thing and we really just want everyone to know what a great deal we got? Do we do this every time we purchase a car? A toaster?

Like I said, if YOU are happy then that's all that matters. When the weather cooperates and you get some more miles on the bike, hopefully you'll forget all about what you paid and just enjoy it!
I'm not gloating or anything I just purchased the 2009 Deluxe and was curious if this was representative of deals everyone gets from their dealer. First time Harley purchase and I have formed a good relationship with the dealer. Some one asked about sales tax, Oregon is one of two states without
one. How about interest rates out there? I picked a credit union and they had 3.99%. Lower than I expected for a two year note. I'm retired so luckily I've got the time and great wife to spend as much time on the bike as I want. I Love the new bike and plan to go to Sturgis this year and then on to Milwaukie where my son is in law school to visit him and take a factory tour. Should be a great time with 3 other riders going along also. Hope to see many new friends on the road.

I like the fact you posted what you paid. Lets others know what the bike can be bought for. I know I know, it i what your happy with. But if I can get the same thing for less money I would be happier.

I think you got a good deal. Enjoy

I like the fact you posted what you paid. Lets others know what the bike can be bought for. I know I know, it i what your happy with. But if I can get the same thing for less money I would be happier.

I think you got a good deal. Enjoy

Sure, if you're willing to go to Oregon and buy it from the same dealer! :p

The deal you can get varies widely throughout the country depending on number of dealers in the immediate area, dealer inventory, economic conditions in your area, etc. I doubt if a dealer in North Carolina would give a hoot what someone paid in Oregon but, hey, the more information you enter the negotiation with, the better off you should be!

Us rich Canadians would be paying 16 for a 2006, for a 2009 we would be digging for another 5 or 6 grand at least, so from here its a great deal. enjoy :rider

I took my 2008 XL1200L in for the 10k mile service and drove out with a new 2009 FLSTC. Had 1 mile on the odometer.

I paid about the same as you the end of Aug. $18.9k out the door including 7% sales tax, $2k in accessories, extended warranty and free 1,000 mile service including parts and fluids. Also got two free t shirts, one for the wife. A 2010 FLSTC would be MSRP, plus shipping and prep.

The dealer has a good service department and charges $59/hr labor. They have glass walls on the front of the service dept and you can sit in the waiting room and watch them work on your bike.

I put 3,000 miles on it before the weather turned bad and I am very happy with it. I am semi-retired now and average 10k miles/year.

I took my 2008 XL1200L in for the 10k mile service and drove out with a new 2009 FLSTC. Had 1 mile on the odometer.

I paid about the same as you the end of Aug. $18.9k out the door including 7% sales tax, $2k in accessories, extended warranty and free 1,000 mile service including parts and fluids. Also got two free t shirts, one for the wife. A 2010 FLSTC would be MSRP, plus shipping and prep.

The dealer has a good service department and charges $59/hr labor. They have glass walls on the front of the service dept and you can sit in the waiting room and watch them work on your bike.

I put 3,000 miles on it before the weather turned bad and I am very happy with it. I am semi-retired now and average 10k miles/year.
Good job on the deal and I'm sure you will be happy with the new softail!

Back