free website stats program What is your favorite fuel treatment? | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is your favorite fuel treatment?

What is your favorite Fuel treatment

• Sea Foam

Votes: 82 59.4%
  • Lucas

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Stp

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • valvoline

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 3m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 39 28.3%

• Total voters
Was at Home Depot the other day and saw they carry Sea Foam as well as other motor vehicle oils, filters, and supplies. Never knew they carried this, as I never really looked in Home Depot for automotive stuff. A 16 oz can of Sea Foam was $6.99. Regular cost, not on sale. Thats much cheaper than I usually pay at O'Reillys or AutoZone.

I've used Sea Foam as you described to burn off the carbon deposits inside car motors. It steam cleans the inside of the engine. I'll use it directly in my gas also, to keep the motor and injectors clean while it's running. I just won't pour it in my oil. Why dilute the oil with something so thin??? I use a good brand of oil (Mobil 1 V-twin full syn) and it shouldn't need anything else. I'm not gonna pay $10-$12/qt of oil and then dilute it, but thats just me.

I use seafoam in all my bikes, UTV's, and ATV's as well as my vehicles.

Here is how I do it:

Once a yearn I pour 1/3 a can ( less on the bikes due to smaller engines) into a cup and remove a vacuum line that goes directly into the engine and let it sip it up at idle to get it into the cylinders and clean them. Then I shut it off after I gun it to stall the engine with one last gulp. ( takes two people )

Then I let it sit for 15-20 minutes so it soaks into the cylinders. When I start it there is a lot of smoke burning off. Then I drive it, preferably up to 60MPH for a few miles.

Then when I get back I put 1/3 directly into the engine oil (less on the bikes due to smaller oil capacity) the remaining 1/3 into my fuel tank. (less on the bikes due to smaller tanks)

Been doing this for many many years with zero issue.

I've used Sea Foam as you described to burn off the carbon deposits inside car motors. It steam cleans the inside of the engine. I'll use it directly in my gas also, to keep the motor and injectors clean while it's running. I just won't pour it in my oil. Why dilute the oil with something so thin??? I use a good brand of oil (Mobil 1 V-twin full syn) and it shouldn't need anything else. I'm not gonna pay $10-$12/qt of oil and then dilute it, but thats just me.

It's best to use it in your oil prior to a oil change. Add a oz or 2, take it out for a ride and get in nice and hot and drain out.

I've tried it and I swear the oil is a lot darker when it comes out.

images

Here is what I use on cars, trucks and bikes with a vacuum port
SeaFoam is the cleaner of choice @ my house:D

Well either someone owns stock in seafoam here,or it's a very good product.If I use it in my tank,will it give the same benefit as having it sucked up the vacuum hose,eventually? I have 2013 flhr with a little over 8k on the clock.Is it even necessary? The product says to use on bikes with over 5k on them.Everyone seems to rave about it.

Well either someone owns stock in seafoam here,or it's a very good product.If I use it in my tank,will it give the same benefit as having it sucked up the vacuum hose,eventually? I have 2013 flhr with a little over 8k on the clock.Is it even necessary? The product says to use on bikes with over 5k on them.Everyone seems to rave about it.

You'll get the same results adding it to your tank. I treat mine to a oz or so every 3rd tank.
You can use it at any milage.

It's best to use it in your oil prior to a oil change. Add a oz or 2, take it out for a ride and get in nice and hot and drain out.

I've tried it and I swear the oil is a lot darker when it comes out.

Yes, forgot to point that out. That is what I use it in the oil for.

Back