free website stats program What is this plug? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is this plug?

I had this plug when I got my bike but no tender came with it. Purchased the tender and hooked up the new wiring that came with it. Just my way. I have the old wire if anyone needs or wants it. Nothing wrong with it as far as I know.

It looks like the connection for your ion drive system. Unfortunately it does not work at sub light speed. Try to get a speed boost from your local steam locamotive.
:bigsmiley23:

rough crowd today:newsmile100::newsmile100:

Do you have a feeling it could be a battery tender plug? :lolrolling

rough crowd today:newsmile100::newsmile100:

Yeah, kinda rough crowd, but all in good fun...the battery tender pigtail is usually provided by some H-D dealers as standard, so they can keep their inventory fresh and ready to test ride. Pigtail on the lower right in the pix is the harness, the insulated eyelets connected to the main battery terminals, the polarized plug end allows you to connect it to the AC adapter/tender "lump" on the left is plugged into the wall outlet, 115VAC, 60Hz...you can also get one with a universal 115/230VAC version for international wall outlet.:s

Battery_Tender_Jr.jpg

They sometimes will install the immobilizer Security I or II module to help protect their large stock of motorcycles from theft. That is why you will have with the keys, the 2 FOB actuator devices as a "bonus". :bigsmiley12:

Last edited:
WOW NHD, could you post a larger pic, I can't quite make it out.:D

How about 800X600 and fix the thread.

Thanks

Yeah, kinda rough crowd, but all in good fun...the battery tender pigtail is usually provided by some H-D dealers as standard, so they can keep their inventory fresh and ready to test ride. Pigtail on the lower right in the pix is the harness, the insulated eyelets connected to the main battery terminals, the polarized plug end allows you to connect it to the AC adapter/tender "lump" on the left is plugged into the wall outlet, 115VAC, 60Hz...you can also get one with a universal 115/230VAC version for international wall outlet.:s

Battery_Tender_Jr.jpg

They sometimes will install the immobilizer Security I or II module to help protect their large stock of motorcycles from theft. That is why you will have with the keys, the 2 FOB actuator devices as a "bonus". :bigsmiley12:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, was one of those deals I guess... Apologies to the OP, was meant in good fun, hope I didn't offend...

don't think you did Tbones, all infun.. a sense of humor is very important. makes a person feel healthy:D:D:D

Yeah if it's taken that way then no harm but I got to thinking the poor guy was just ask'en a question :)... Can't learn noth'en if you don't ask questions... Don't want folks being drove off the site because the asked a question and got hammered for asking it :bigsmiley23:

i hope he is still reading this post and doesn't take us all the wrong way. i think it was a full moon out. ahhhh it was the same day that "how to roast a moderator" came out so i think we were all just practicing ?

too much good information on here

WAP.gif

I'm still not clear what the third, (flat) unused connector is for. Did I miss somthing?

I noticed that 3rd blank receptacle on the H-D harness...it is unused, as I use my 2 position plug on my Deltran battery tender in the correct mating connections without issue. :small3d002:

Back