free website stats program What is it and where's it coming from? | Harley Davidson Forums

What is it and where's it coming from?

FLHXSrider

Contributor
A while back I took my 2008 Electra Glide Standard (Stage 1 and V&H slip- ons) on a trip and stopped for gas first. After filling up (still parked), I looked down and noticed a black hose hanging down approximately below the oil tank which was leaking a clear fluid. I thought it might be gas but wasn't sure. Since I was heading out on the road, I let some fluid spill on my finger and tasted it. It definitely wasn't gas and tasted like dirty water at best. So was it water? Why have I never noticed this before or am I just blind? The bike was kept in the garage overnight and hadn't been washed the day before it went out. Also it hadn't rained and the road was dry. What is this black hose and why was it leaking? Thanks for the help in advance.

it was gas that is your overflow for your fuel tank if you trace it up it goes under your tank panel and you will see a small hole to the right side of your gas cap thats where it ends

:laugh:laugh:laugh I thought I was the only one who did things like THAT....

Had a big spot of grease on side of MY HD Boot one day....Put my finger IN it to check it out... Saying I don't ust that color of Grease any place on my Stuff...
SNIFFING it CLOSELY,,,,,, YES YOU Know the rest of MY story.... Neighbor DOG......:swoon

signed....BUBBIE

Added: see glider,,,, I'm not afraid to Tell On Myself.....

it was gas that is your overflow for your fuel tank if you trace it up it goes under your tank panel and you will see a small hole to the right side of your gas cap thats where it ends

Hmmm. Interesting. Apparently I don't think gas tastes to bad :) Thanks for the info.
WAP.gif

Yep you guys did the taste and sniff, good thing you didn't step in it.

Also OP ->(tasted like dirty water) some of the gas now days ain't too good a quality :lolrolling

sorry that was supposed to be left side and yes some of the fuel we get now days does taste like dirty water:newsmile036:

With all that gas we get from corn now a days could of been some of that good ol mountain dew. Pass me a cup of that will you please. I wanna taste it.
Ken

Back