free website stats program What is a bagger? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is a bagger?

If my bagger looked like the one posted earler. I don't ever want to see my bagger necked. LOL
Remindes me of an X

bagless bagger notice the frame so much different than all the rest
100_0344.jpg

What is this site coming to when the mods allow a picture of a half dressed bagger. I never heard of such a thing, sure glad my little boys werent watching.:rofl

When I was a teenager we had baggers and two baggers. They were a totally different type of HOG.

RR

For clarification I was a teenager 45 years ago.

RR

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm leaning toward others statments that "bagger" is a relatively recent term. I don't remember hearing it before the mid 90's. "Dresser" was the usual term (geezer glide after they left). But like Smitty says, the touring frame is what defines it for me. I have a Dyna Glide with leather saddlebags, and a big leather bag mounted on the luggage rack, as well as the large convertible windshield. I have never thought of it as a bagger (or dresser).

Actually have to agree with Breeze3at...coming from the metric side of the house, Goldwings were called dressers...(introduced in 1979, designed and developed in the USA for Japan)...as they understood the dominance of HD in the touring bike world, that is why it was so well received and thought out...they could never have developed a touring bike on an island...seriously! I think the term bagger was used to separate the HD marque from the GW...as a term of affection...JMO

Actually have to agree with Breeze3at...coming from the metric side of the house, Goldwings were called dressers...(introduced in 1979, designed and developed in the USA for Japan)...as they understood the dominance of HD in the touring bike world, that is why it was so well received and thought out...they could never have developed a touring bike on an island...seriously! I think the term bagger was used to separate the HD marque from the GW...as a term of affection...JMO

As I have said before...One of he best things that ever happened to Harley-Davidson was the invention of the Goldwing.:s

No, because no madder how many bags yoou hang on a softail it still a softail frame.

Then perhaps....wannabee bagger?:laugh

Regardless of the agenda of the owner of this Red Deluxe, whom I wouldn't know who it is if they slapped me in the face.... I'm still intrigued with how they outfitted this machine with bags, and what devices, hardware etc. that they used to do that? Perhaps they went with some custom bracket items. One thing for sure they have just as much baggage storage area as many of the stock touring fames that come from the factory. And how about that fairing....a very unique machine at any rate.

You see this is another lovely thing about an HD machine...the personalizing of them.:newsmile093: That to me is also the fun part of owning them.

using your logic - maybe the term should be "framer" not "bagger" ;-) <-- homade smiley face.

Bill - Heritage -- softtail frame with bags. - is it a framer or a bagger?

Back when I rode a Flhs the guys I rode with were on Softails with leather bags, They called my bike the barge with a picture window LOL

Back