free website stats program What do you look for in a rally???? | Harley Davidson Forums

What do you look for in a rally????

badbird

I'm helping put on the MS HOG rally this year that's gonna be in Natchez MS next Sept 16-19. I've done 6 before but would like to see what people want today.

So for your rally dollar....
Would you expect a rally pin?

Would you expect a rally shirt?

Would you like to eat free each night?

Would you like to have a big name band?

Would you be happy with local no-name bands but lots of them?

Would you expect discussion groups for riding info?

Would you expect vendors(what type)?

Would you be happy with off site vendors that the public can see too?

Do you expect a 50/50 drawing?

Do you expect a poker run?

Do you want a parade like (closing the MS river birdges to HD traffic only)?

Would you like group competion like chapter against chapter or one on one?

What would you consider the most you would pay?

What would you consider the most for a room you want to pay?

And of course what combination of the above would make you the happiest?

Of course each rally has to break even so there's a limited budget and attendance drives what you can do. The more registered the more you can spend for food or bands.

Andy suggestions would be appreciated.

WOW you do this all on a rally man if you came over here you would not be able to do any of that as you could not walk :D
last largish rally i did had the following:
ADULT Tent - strippers/adult humour and a bar
Family tent - family entertainment, smaller bar
at both these tents had live music
BEER TENT - as its name suggests this was a tent for all the real ales/bitters
there was a basic camp shop, a tattooist, burger bars, army surplus store, bike parts stores and a few other clothing stores.
You got a cloth badge to sew on for the rally and if you wanted a pin you bought it,
90% of the time must were chilling and supping beer and just having a good time, no riding was organised as with must UK rallies you can guarantee copious beer is drunk. even the much bigger rallies do not organise ride outs.
i like the smaller ones were you catch up with everyone you met at the last rally and just chill and drink and chew the fat

I wanna go to Hobbit's Rally!

All those things are interesting but, for me, the best thing about any gathering of folks, bikers or not, is the pure "people watching." Beer tents, tattoo parlors, live music just enhance the people watching. Patches and pins are important to some but not at all to others so they should be available but not part of the rally package cost - purchased separately. Vendors make for interesting window shopping but I don't think a lot of people make big ticket purchases at these events, unless they drink too much that is! I also don't go to rallies for study sessions or informational lectures, whatever you want to call it. If most of your attendees will be from the local area or state, I doubt if an organized ride would be that attractive since they'd know most of the roads anyway.

WOW you do this all on a rally man if you came over here you would not be able to do any of that as you could not walk :D
Family tent - family entertainment, smaller bar
at both these tents had live music
BEER TENT - as its name suggests this was a tent for all the real ales/bitters
there was a basic camp shop, a tattooist, burger bars, army surplus store, bike parts stores and a few other clothing stores.
You got a cloth badge to sew on for the rally and if you wanted a pin you bought it,
90% of the time must were chilling and supping beer and just having a good time, no riding was organised as with must UK rallies you can guarantee copious beer is drunk. even the much bigger rallies do not organise ride outs.
i like the smaller ones were you catch up with everyone you met at the last rally and just chill and drink and chew the fat

If I ever get across the pond, I want to go to one of your rallies.
:cheers

Wow, Natchez,MS 39120. My hometown having a HOG Rally? Most all my life was spent in Natchez,and there was never anything that even resembled or looked like a rally, ever took place in Natchez. I would think that the women of the Pilgrimage Garden Club a.k.a. THE BLUE HAIRED MAFIA, would not let a bunch of (friendly),(kind),(law abiding) bikers in their TOWN. Whether you know it or not, the BLUE HAIRED MAFIA sets the rules of the city. Thats why its a CERTIFIED RETIREMENT COMMUNITY. As the sign states as you are coming into town. Don't get me wrong, I love Natchez, It's a beautiful old town. Oldest town on the Mississippi River. I would consider going back for a visit if this rally happens. Been gone for almost 10 yrs now. A HOG Rally in Natchez would rank way up there on the list of reasons to go back to visit.

All those things are interesting but, for me, the best thing about any gathering of folks, bikers or not, is the pure "people watching."

I think there is a type of people watching going on in the Adult Tent at Hobbit's Rally - just not all that pure:lolrolling :D

Back