free website stats program what do u guys think? | Harley Davidson Forums

what do u guys think?

KN have a good reputation for their products. Having said that, what they claim seems a little much, probably the only way to know is to install the system and have the bike checked, i.e., dynamometer. I'm not really certain if a horsepower rating is actually a parameter reported by dyno testing, having never done it to my bike.
If you decide to go with it, keep in mind the bike is already somewhat lean from the get go and will be even leaner when extra air is added, not a good situation, so fuel should also be added to balance it out, then perhaps the claim of KN may not be far from the truth. JMHO!:D

Easy as a downshift will gain you approx. 10 HP.......
This being a high flow air filter the stated added HP is a probably closely accurate.
The thought has always been 5 HP gain for high flow air filter and additional 5 HP gain for mufflers.

I dunno if you gain that much but I stand behind K N for the quality

Yea KN filter are known for goid quality filters.
Does anybody tried just make a 3 cuts one inch square on bottom of the outrr cover instead of buying the whole kit just buy a hf air filter?
WAP.gif

There are a bunch of factors that go into the variations seen from one dyno run to another. Being able to control ALL the variable while changing just one to see its impact on the HP and TQ curves is probably more discipline than that typical in most dyno shops.

But, there is no doubt that freeing up the air pump aspect of an HD engine will result in performance improvements so long as the fuel mixture is considered, and the AFR does not get too high. A high flow A/C and freer flowing exhaust coupled with something to adjust the air/fuel ratio is the basis of Stage 1.

Cheers,

TQ

will that much more air make it too lean?(bag of worms, i know)..

Yes it will, they're lean to begin with and adding more air will lean it out even more. Adding the correct fuel mixture to balance out more air is crucial for peak performance and a cooler running engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back