free website stats program What are they thinking? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What are they thinking?

I did a stage1 and cams and tuner on my bike shortly after I bought it. Did the work myself and I have never had a problem with any warranty coverage as well as warranty work performed well into the ESP period. I think you should look for a new dealer.

What Stevo07 and Dr.D mentioned are what I said in post #5, any failure has to be a direct result of any mod you did to void your warranty. You my friend are getting misinformation and need to take the advice of others and find a new dealer.

What Stevo07 and Dr.D mentioned are what I said in post #5, any failure has to be a direct result of any mod you did to void your warranty. You my friend are getting misinformation and need to take the advice of others and find a new dealer.

If you read Post#6 - I believe he thinks all of us are included in the "internet misinformation" category.

If you read Post#6 - I believe he thinks all of us are included in the "internet misinformation" category.

Understood Doc, I guess those of us who have had first hand experience with this issues understand how it works. I for one had warranty work done and I have extensive mods to my scoot. :s

There is numerous Harley Davidson dealers in Ohio & other states that install header pipes, mufflers , air cleaners , tuners etc on new Harley motorcycles & still cover the warranty & extended warranty . Dealer installed should & will not void warranty . My 13 Limited has Vance & Hines true duals , mufflers , Screaming Eagle pro tuner & 14 air cleaner & it's still covered by warranty until August @ that point I will put it on extended warranty already o.k'ed by an Ohio dealership .

Undoubtedly many in the group have had different experiences. Here is mine. I bought a 2006 Dyna Lowrider in 2008. It had a transferable extended warranty which I completed the necessary transfer paperwork for. I added a SuperTrapp 2-1 exhaust, Dobeck fuel controller, and high capacity air cleaner all installed by me. In 2010 I went to an independent service shop for cams, head work, bored to 95 CI, higher compression pistons, etc. When they tore the engine down the found the crank was out of spec. They contacted the insurance carrier, who sent an adjuster to the shop. A week later they had a $2,200 check for the crank. Based on my experience, I am inclined to agree with the comment that the carriers are concerned with the effect of the modifications on the problem that the claim pertains to.

Undoubtedly many in the group have had different experiences. Here is mine. I bought a 2006 Dyna Lowrider in 2008. It had a transferable extended warranty which I completed the necessary transfer paperwork for. I added a SuperTrapp 2-1 exhaust, Dobeck fuel controller, and high capacity air cleaner all installed by me. In 2010 I went to an independent service shop for cams, head work, bored to 95 CI, higher compression pistons, etc. When they tore the engine down the found the crank was out of spec. They contacted the insurance carrier, who sent an adjuster to the shop. A week later they had a $2,200 check for the crank. Based on my experience, I am inclined to agree with the comment that the carriers are concerned with the effect of the modifications on the problem that the claim pertains to.

Your experience makes the case that unless the modification was a direct result of a failure, the claim will be covered. Insurance companies will look for any reason not to pay a claim be it warranty or a auto accident claim. In your case the mods you did yourself had nothing to do with the crank going bad but I'm sure the adjuster was looking for a excuse not to cover the claim. In the end he knew the 2 were not related.:s

I've had 4 HD's all bone stock.To build an HD for speed is, to me,like trying to make a race car out of a Limo.If it's your 1st HD,you may not wait 5 yrs. to upgrade,and the extended warr. has saved many folks $

Just a quiet thought...champion makes HD oem sparkplugs. .so if I upgrade my plugs with champion..??...screaming eagle is made by Vance&Hines. .so is i upgrade with V &. .?? ..mist engine upgrade components is made by Jims machining..when do I really mess my bike with "aftermarket" parts...hmmm

Just a quiet thought...champion makes HD oem sparkplugs. .so if I upgrade my plugs with champion..??...screaming eagle is made by Vance&Hines. .so is i upgrade with V &. .?? ..mist engine upgrade components is made by Jims machining..when do I really mess my bike with "aftermarket" parts...hmmm[/QUOTE

Take a look at the spark plug poll and see what others have to say. JMHO, the stock Harley plug for your scoot is the way to go.

Back