free website stats program What and where is Wally World | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What and where is Wally World

Made my first stop at Harbor Frieght the other day, everything had CHINA stamped on it. Took my folding money that has United States of America on it and walked out. I am not opposed to foriegn made items, but I think even the floor tile said "made in China" :newsmile077: voted with my feet went to Home Depot and found made in Taiwan stamped on everything .................Whats a guy to do?

Don't feel bad about not knowing what Wally World was, Glider had to straighten me out on what IMO meant :18:

Would not be so bad if they would buy from us. we as Americans are good at somethings. each country is good at different things..were on 1 planet. for now were not going anywhere..we are all on this blue ball...

saw a 3/4 in drive CRAFTSMAN socket set on the job a few years back. yup, made in china stamped all over it. no american pride, no integrity,just dollar signs in the eyes. i hate to say it but ayn rand was right in "when atlas shrugged".

I bought a Motorcycle Jack from OTC Tools because they advertised as being a US company manufacturing tools. When the jack arrived it had "China" stamped on it.

I was watching the History channel last night (Hippies). They mentioned that after WWII and into the 60's, the USA had 6% of the worlds population, and was producing 50% of the worlds goods. How things have changed.:(

For many manufacturers outsourcing has become a nessecity of survival.
People are not willing to pay the extra for products with 100% North American content anymore.And that is the hard reality of it.:(

100% correct IMO. People here are spoiled. Everybody says they are upset about the manufacturing jobs leaving but refuse to pay the extra dollar to keep them here. We all want the best, but we want it for nothing. Now it has got to the point of nearly impossible to support home produced products. It is and will become a bigger problem sooner than later I am afraid. Soon we will not have the jobs to provide us the incomes to buy anything but junk.:(

1 billion dollars a day in sales but the aint getting my money:D

during wwII (also known as "the big one") the u.s. produced an incredible amount of material for the war effort. this was only 1/3 of the gross domestic product. we supplied how many other countries through lend-lease and still outfitted our own troops as well. the conspiracy here is to keep the american worker fat and lazy. do not awaken the sleeping giant again.

Back