free website stats program Weekend Trip to the Black Hills | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Weekend Trip to the Black Hills

First of all - thanks DakotaRob for the nice pix and stories of your trip. Ive made most of the same trip but in a car. My family had a reunion a couple years ago and we all stayed in a couple of cabins at Hill City. I do have one little question for you - only 15 minutes at the Wall Drug Store - how did that happen???:):)

Bill

First of all - thanks DakotaRob for the nice pix and stories of your trip. Ive made most of the same trip but in a car. My family had a reunion a couple years ago and we all stayed in a couple of cabins at Hill City. I do have one little question for you - only 15 minutes at the Wall Drug Store - how did that happen???:):)

Bill

Howdy Bill... Thanks for the reply. It was easy, I didn't go into the store. :laugh

I just got off the exit and pulled into the first gas station I passed. I didn't even ride down into town, figured it would be a parking nightmare and all I really wanted was a cold drink. I will save the Wall Drug visit for the next family trip.

Just wondering if the HD shop in Sturgis is still downtown or did they move out by the hwy? The mrs & I was there in 09 and that was the plan anyway for them.

Thanks for the write-up and pics about your trip. We hope to do it the 1st half of September when it's cooler and not as busy.

Just wondering if the HD shop in Sturgis is still downtown or did they move out by the hwy? The mrs & I was there in 09 and that was the plan anyway for them.

They are still downtown, just a block or two south of Main St on Junction Ave. Doesn't look like they have much room to expand where they are, so I could see why they might want to relocate.

From what I understand, all 5 dealerships in the Black Hills are under the same ownership. The biggest of those stores is Black Hills HD, just west of Rapid City right off I-90.

the black hills is on my "list" of rides to do in my lifetime...

You will not regret the ride, It does get HOT out there and the weather can change quickly, that said still a very good ride:s

Looks like a fun trek & I know it was cook'n. Just returned from SW MN trip & we pretty much baked the entire trip. At least it's a "tad" cooler in NE.

You must be riding with the AC on ;) I live in Lincoln and it's been miserably hot hear. Sure, you can still ride, but no fun.

Back