free website stats program Waterless spray cleaning | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Waterless spray cleaning

Had a situation this year that made it possible to ride my bike in December. Too cold to wash it when I got home. I bought some waterless car wash from Griots Garage. I sprayed it on the bike, even the really dirty wheels and parts underneath. After a few minutes I could see the dirt become suspended in the solution and I was able to wipe it off with a microfiber towel. I highly recommend this product. Spray on Car Wash Kit

I use McGuiars Quick Detailer. Its good when the bike is not too dirty and for quick cleanups. But there is no substitute for a good ol fashioned hand washing with good soap and water.

I used to use a honda detail spray on wax & cleaner, it was 1/3 the price of harley's, there are lots of good spray on detail cleaner/waxes out there. On a black paint job I like to blow any dust off before using and when I do use them I spray right onto the bike so it soaks, dry rubbing clearcoats even light dust will scratch. Although I have found if you have a good looking lady wearing a bikini or just chaps, Pledge works fine:D

Where can I find one of those!!:newsmile011:

There is a product by Turtle Wax called Foam Away and it works really well on my bike when it is slightly dirty. I sparay it on and watch it foam up and it is supposed to "suspend" the dirt for easy cleaning. I gently wipe it off using a micro fiber towel. Then I rub it to a shine using another clean micro fiber towel. BTW, it was fairly inexpensive, I think it was $2.99. Ideally you should wash your bike removing all of the grit and grime and then spray it with Pledge. Pledge DOES work good.

I have to agree with RoadGlider09, I have used the Honda spray in the past and then my dealer said to try the BugSlide, It's the best that I have used to date and I have tried them all. You can use on all parts of the bike even the windshield. :)

Pledge Pledge and more Pledge. I too use Plexus on the shield from time to time. I find it best to use a micro cloth, what a great invention those are. :D

Back