free website stats program Water Spots | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Water Spots

I have well water with a hardness level of 16 and an iron count of 2.0 ppm so I feel your your pain. I use the Mr. Clean AutoDry. This thing holds its own soap and has a replaceable water filter in it. It works good. Along with a leaf blower and micro fiber rags I don't have any spotting.

This last week I had the Culligan Man over and had a iron filter installed. This will take the iron out before the water softener. He gave me a great idea, to have the outside spigot manifolded so I can either run water straight from the well or run soft hot/cold for washing the bike, car, house, etc. I'm currently in the middle of this plumbing project as we speak, funny this thread came up now.

Ride Safe & Clean!:s

I've used S100 and I think Bike Brite rinses cleaner, works as good if not better. I have Denim paint on my glide and hardly any spots with only a leaf blower. Any area the blower doesn't get I spot clean with Windex.

I also live in Texas and have hard water. I simply put a tablespoon of vegatable oil (cooking oil) in my wash bucket with the soap & water. I do not have any spotting problems. I have done this for years on my autos and it works on my bike as well. I dry with a microfiber towel as soon as I can after final rinsing of the bike, no problems.
Remember, Ride Safe...

I was going to suggest the Mr Clean system but someone beat me to it. It works well except the soap and filters get kind of spendy.

How about Calgon water softener. The wife uses it in the washing machine.

I comes in liquid or powder

Add CALGON® Water Softener to your wash for whiter, brighter clothes! CALGON® Water Softener boosts the power of your laundry detergent by removing hard water minerals that trap dirt into fabric fibers. It also helps to prevent detergent build-up and soap scum that can cause clothing to appear dull and faded. Available in both liquid and powder forms, simply add the recommended dosage of CALGON® to every wash with your regular detergent to help keep clothes looking their best. CALGON® neutralizes the hard water minerals in your water and it contains no phosphates! You can use more CALGON® Water Softener in very hard water, large loads of laundry or extremely dirty laundry. See the package for details

++++'s on the Maguires wash and wax ( the yellow stuff ) use more than label says ...this is GOOD stuff.. then leaf blow dry , then hit the trouble water places with micro-fiber cloth.. clean and leaves nice wax job too...use it on everything from M/C , truck and all the way down to my lifted gas golf cart...:D

I am 100000% with Biscuit & Glider on this one.."Buy an "Air Force Blaster".Made in the U.S.A by the Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner Co.".
Wasnt easy finding one in Montreal.. but oh goodness its amazing. This thing is numerous times more powerful than any leaf blower. Air is clean/filtered and beyond warm. Water regardless of hardness just vanishes and you will never see a spot in your life.

The real beauty of this product is that you can get into engine area and simply dry it all up including the connections etc. Worth its weight in gold.

They also have a model twice the size with 2 motors.. That will do Cars as well.

They also have a model twice the size with 2 motors.. That will do Cars as well.

IMO, it's not necessary and way overkill. The 4 HP model is more than enough. I can't believe how warm the air gets too. It's not only the velocity that dries but the warmth too. If you hold your hand in front of the air stream after about a minute or two of running, you'll move your hand quick.

I have well water with a hardness level of 16 and an iron count of 2.0 ppm so I feel your your pain. I use the Mr. Clean AutoDry. This thing holds its own soap and has a replaceable water filter in it. It works good. Along with a leaf blower and micro fiber rags I don't have any spotting.

Where are you getting the autodry soap & filters, can't find them in my area.

Back