free website stats program water logged | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

water logged

When rain catches you, and your glasses fog up, you can try the SCUBA divers trick of spitting on the inside of the lenses and rubbing it around and rinse.
As far as the mist on the inside of your glasses. Nothing will prevent it except sealed goggles. I have fork baffle, fork deflectors, fairing deflectors and lowers on my E. Glide. I don't get as much mist, but there will always be mist drawn into the lower pressure area behind the fairing and windshield.

I ride in Florida, in the rain. Wear a full face helmet and crack it open just a little in the heavy rain, stays clear.

As we seem to get more rain with each summer i havent worn my open face helmet for 5 years now raindrops are sore at 70 mph so i tend to wear a full face helmet with all the vents open however on occasions i have to lift the visor a wee bit to keep it clear

Brian

You sure you were not fishing??? Sounds wet, a bud and I last labor day (09) went through 4 hours of a a trenchel down pour over Red Mountain pass in Colorado going to the 4 corners "Sugar Pine Ranch Rally" was worth it.

I rode through more rain last year on my 48-state rides than a person should have to. The only thing that worked for me was my 3/4 helmet with the shield fully down. I would still have to stop about every hour and clean and dry my glasses. My foam sealed glasses would fog up almost instantly, the unsealed normal glasses worked best under these conditions.

Like Jack I ride in Fl and in the rain. I bought a good pair of snow ski goggles and got an anti fog spray. The goggles look a little strange because they are rather large, but in the kind of rain CAVS1429 is talking about they keep the rain out and I have good side vision.

I carry ski goggles on long rides just in case. One note, I actually do ski, and with a helmet, so I bought womans goggles, they are smaller and fit much better.

Back