free website stats program Watch out for this scam!...received it today. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Watch out for this scam!...received it today.

Got a scam about "Bank of America" that basically said the same thing. We lost your account info.
Guess What??? I don't bank with them but the page looked "real".
Watch out for that one as well.
Bottom line, don't give out your info.

I've gotten a couple of those from banks I do not have an account with.
Someone sent me a fake Yahoo one with the same info.
Plus some with my credit card account. Don't have a credit card.
There is always someone pulling a scam out there and it seems to be getting worse.

The one I keep getting is from windows messenger maintance department saying my computor has a virus & if I down load my info they can fix it . person`s name david franks & his supervisor is John smith . even got a phone # then hung up .
also watch out for UPS,DHL & Purolator , IRS, FBI all virus loaded.

The one I keep getting is from windows messenger maintance department saying my computor has a virus & if I down load my info they can fix it . person`s name david franks & his supervisor is John smith . even got a phone # then hung up .
also watch out for UPS,DHL & Purolator , IRS, FBI all virus loaded.

My wife got caught on a fraud US postal service email. She was skeptical at first but still opened it and she new when it asked for email she knew it was not the US POST Office. She did not respond, and when she went to delete message it was to late. The computer got bugged....

If you read it carefully, you realise the writer of this scam's first language is not english.

This week I also received three Nigerian based emails asking for help to retreive millions of dollars.......must be scam season?
Thanks for the notice T-w - I also received an email recently from an address I didn't recognize but with my brother's name in the subject title (which is why I opened it). It announced with great sadness, his death in a motor accident along with his wife. Wow, I nearly keeled over in shock!
It then went on to tell me I was the beneficiary of a lot of money from his estate and that the writer of the mail was a lawyer who, of course, needed my bank account details- smelled a big very obvious rat here.
Anyway - I won't bore you all with the rest of the mail, but it was from Nigeria too.

I wouldn't even have opened it if it didn't have my brother's name as subject - how did they get this??? Just freaky coincidence? There's a sinister bunch of people out there on keyboards. Wish they concentrated more on getting their countries or economies fixed up.
BTW - Merry Christmas to every HDTimeline member and your families and I hope 2012 is a good year and a safe one for you all. :)

Dear Account User,

We encountered some problem with our database and a lot of records were lost, we are restoring our database to enable us serve you better. All Windows Live Account users are hereby required to upgrade and store in our database to keep your account active. Failure to do this will lose his or her account permanently.
To update and enable us restore your account details in our data base to keep your account active, you are required to provide us the details below urgently. Click the reply button to enter details below.

Name: ……………………..........
Username: …………………......
Password: ……………………...
Date of Birth: ………………….
Country or Territory: ………..

Make sure the details above are correct to enable us restore your account details, this will help prevent your account from been suspended.

Note:
YOUR DETAILS WILL NOT BE SHARED.
Users have often told us that the more they use Windows Live! Service, the more they discover its benefits. We'll keep working on making Windows Live! the best email service around, and we appreciate your joining us for the ride.

Sincerely,
Windows Live Alert Team
Microsoft Corporation
I'm always skeptical of anything that comes to me with grammatical/spelling errors. I instantly dispense into the trash receptical!:p

If you haven't found it yet, check out 419eater.com or Second link removed as it was not an active web page

They are websites that devote their time to scamming the scammers. It is amazing some of the stuff these guys get the scammers to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back