free website stats program Warranty Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Warranty Question

Fuzzman

Account Removed
I was wondering about something, and the dealer is closed today. Would a pair of S&S slip-ons void my warranty? Thanks in advance. Fuzz

you would need to check with the supplying dealer, sometimes if the are not very good they will try to void you warranty if you do not use HD oil, my dealer here has fitted Short shots, a fuel pak and a KNfilter and not voided the warranty.

As hobbit said in my experience it is a dealer to dealer type of thing. Some seem to void it if you do anything others like the one I use are more flexable. So you'll probably just have to check with yours to find out how they feel about the parts you want to install. In my case I rebuilt the whole motor (110 jugs, forged rods, forged pistons, 264 cams, SE A/C, SE Heads, sert, Panhead Rocker conversion and a set of true duals on a 2008 FLHT and they still honor the warranty.

Last edited:
Very little will void your warranty unless it does damage to a specific part and then ONLY that part will not be covered. So much bad info on this coming even from the dealers themselves who try scare tactics so that the customer lets them do the work.

Mufflers will not void your warranty unless they damage another part which I doubt. Tell the dealer to put it in writing if they tell you otherwise.

Dealers And The Magnusson-Moss Act - Harley Davidson Community

I just extended my warranty and I talked to the service manager. Before I bought it I asked him if my warranty would be voided because of my Sampson pipes and stage 1 (Big Sucker). He said NO!

I just extended my warranty and I talked to the service manager. Before I bought it I asked him if my warranty would be voided because of my Sampson pipes and stage 1 (Big Sucker). He said NO!

Funny thing here is that if you called a bunch of dealers and asked the same question, you would get mixed answers in return.

Funny thing here is that if you called a bunch of dealers and asked the same question, you would get mixed answers in return.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I may have trouble at other shops if I need their service when I am away from home. I hope I don't have to deal with anyone but the shop here. I've already started a very good relationship with the service guy here and I think he will do what he can for me. He's been really helpful and he is :bigsmiley12:

Back