free website stats program Warranty and temperature questions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Warranty and temperature questions

Is it an HD temp. gauge? If so, don't believe it. The Moco is notorious for bad temp. gauges. The air temp. gauge in the dash is a fine example. The oil dipstick one was another fine example. Random number generators at a large cost IMO.
If the bike is not pinging or going into parade mode and the fuel mileage is acceptable, ride it like you stole it.
I recently rented a 103" RK in Las Vegas and it, to me was completely unacceptable as far as stock operating temps go.

Ok, we have a long weekend so I plan on riding a lot and then I can update you all on the mileage I'm getting with these new pipes/fuelpak. I will also let you all know how the performance is working out. So far my bike is running great. As far as the temp drop is concerned I may be reading the small digital read out wrong. When I get off of work I will get a closer look at the temp gage and make sure I'm reading it right. If I'm not reading it right feel free to laugh at me because I'll deserve it......lol

Ok all, I got through the weekend and traveled over 350 miles on my Road King. Everything seemed to work well. The Temp gage was all over the place. It ran between 138 to 284 degrees. It ran an average of 195 degrees on the highway and around 270 degrees in stop and go traffic. HD temp gages seem to be unreliable and not consistent. One other thing I want to add is the Mustang Solo seat I added to my RKC was very very very uncomfortable for long rides. I still can't feel my tail bone. Lastly I am including a pic with this post of my bike with the new chrome shocks installed......det45

Attachments

• HD Modified 001.jpg
    HD Modified 001.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 26
  • HD Modified 002.jpg
    HD Modified 002.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 24
Ok, we have a long weekend so I plan on riding a lot and then I can update you all on the mileage I'm getting with these new pipes/fuelpak. I will also let you all know how the performance is working out. So far my bike is running great. As far as the temp drop is concerned I may be reading the small digital read out wrong. When I get off of work I will get a closer look at the temp gage and make sure I'm reading it right. If I'm not reading it right feel free to laugh at me because I'll deserve it......lol
I answered THEN noticed I Had Not read ALL..

signed....BUBBIE

Very Good Looking Bike...

Back